Semi Senior – Senior
Our client — Chartered Accountants
Our client a Cornish firm of Chartered Accountants are currently looking to appoint a Semi Senior – Senior Accountant with at least 18-36 months experience in a general accountancy practice. The chosen candidate should be willing and committed to develop himself/herself to the position of Qualified Senior Accountant in the future.
In addition to functioning in the role of accounting and tax, the chosen candidate is expected to maintain healthy client relations with the assigned client portfolio.
The role involves dealing with local and international clients in both the production and the service industries. Candidates who have at least 18 months experience in a similar role at an accountancy practice are encouraged to apply. This role requires an excellent command in written and spoken English.
• Bookkeeping and VAT
• Bookkeeping from the point of client entry up to the point of generating management reports, closing trial balance and up to the final accounts preparation stage.
b) Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
• Management accounts preparation
• To prepare and review monthly and quarterly management accounts for a dedicated portfolio of clients.
b) Review of budgets including cash-flow forecasts and provision of monthly P&L
• Year-end statutory accounts preparation
• Year-end accounts preparation for limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and LLPs.
b) Electronic filing of the abbreviated accounts to the Companies House for limited companies.
• a.)Preparation of CT 600 corporation tax form for the limited companies.
b) Electronic filing of the CT 600 form to HMRC.
c) Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for sole traders and company directors.
d) Electronic filing of self-assessment tax returns to HMRC.
• a.)Running the monthly payroll for a selected group of clients.
b) Filing the RTI returns with HMRC.
c) Communication with clients related to matters arising on payroll.
Knowledge and skills expected:
• a.)In depth knowledge in Sageline 50 for bookkeeping purposes and reporting.
b) Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
c) Knowledge in VT, Taxcalc, QuickBooks and Money soft software packages would be beneficial.
• Our client would like to invite any candidate who has the right attitude and who possesses the above mentioned skills, competencies and experience.
• Our client will assess the capability of each candidate at the interview in order to select the best person.
• If you feel you have the right competencies and skills, please email your CV to us.
• Accounting: 2 years+
Telephone 01872 274227
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is assured at all times.