Accountant – Bookkeeper – Chartered Accountants, 18-25K.
Our client, a reputable firm of Chartered Accountants, based in Cornwall seek to appoint an AAT/Bookkeeper with administration skills in: –
Bookkeeping, Management Accounts, VAT & Payroll. Software experience in both Sage and Excel is highly desirable.
A detailed job specification is as follows —
- Client’s records are kept up to date for their bookkeeping obligations.
- VAT Returns are prepared on a timely basis and submitted on time.
- Carry out payroll obligations for payroll clients.
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis to normal accounts standard.
- Maintain client’s accounting records on a computer software package on a timely basis
- Ensure that bookkeeping is complete and that the month end/quarter checklist is completed on all jobs to ensure a smooth and timely handover for annual accounts to be prepared.
- Complete client’s VAT Returns accurately and on a timely basis to ensure that VAT Returns are not filed late.
- Notify clients of VAT liability in plenty of time for payments to be made.
- Completion of payroll responsibilities for clients including completion of pay slips and notification to clients of payroll liabilities in line with client’s deadlines.
- Dealing with payroll and VAT queries as they may arise.
- Monitor and manage your job allocation to ensure that jobs are prioritised and completed on time.
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis and preparation of KPI schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of employer’s annual return, forms P35.
- Assist with the tea/coffee rota and the answering of the phone and greeting clients when the need arises.
- Ensure that you are aware of all job budgets prior to commencement of a job and that these are adhered to.
- Any deviation must be notified to the Office Manager prior to further work being undertaken.
- Attend training courses and maintain a continual development of knowledge and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Acting in the best interests of the company and working as a team member at all times.
- Excellent PC skills including sage word and excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and working VAT and payroll knowledge.
- Flexible attitude to work and the ability to work as part of a busy team to ensure the overall efficiency of the team.
For further details please contact – Jonny Scott Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Zena Zennor.
Telephone — 01872 274227.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.