Senior Company & Commercial Lawyer – Cornwall/Devon
Future Partner/Director Prospects
Client following ideal
% fees deal.
Our client is seeking to appoint a Senior non-contentious business client fee earner. We are looking to find a lawyer with the following skill and experience:
• Senior Corporate/Commercial lawyer, 10+ years PQE.
• Extensive transactional and general corporate/commercial experience at leading local, national, international law firm or in corporate house counsel.
• Broad, varied legal training and practical experience.
• Extensive projects, transactions, contracts and general commercial/business knowledge and experience.
• Adaptable and flexible technical, management, commercial and organisational skills.
• Excellent people and communication skills.
• Excellent project and team management skills.
• Enthusiastic, approachable, hard-working, highly motivated, calm and consistent under pressure.
• Self-starter, can do/positive attitude and approach to work.
• Experience in effective and successful flexible working – home, office, on or off site.
• Ability/flexibility to travel (or relocate) to Cornwall/Devon.
Company and Commercial Work Experience:
General company and commercial work experience required:
Project management, commercial transactions, commercial negotiations, strategic/business plans, commercial contracts (confidentiality, licensing, manufacture, supply of goods and services, distribution, agency, franchise, tenders, IT, intellectual property etc), IT and intellectual property matters, due diligence, risk management, corporate governance, compliance matters, data protection, joint ventures, partnership formations and partnership agreements, company secretarial matters, company formations, statutory books, constitutional documents, shareholder meetings and resolutions, shareholder agreements, director, employee and general employment/industrial relations matters, reorganisations, restructures, banking and funding matters, property and construction matters, dispute and litigation matters.
Mergers and acquisitions:
Lead and supporting roles on all aspects of share/company and asset/business acquisitions and disposals.
Lead and supporting roles on all aspects of MBOs, MBIs, IBOs, acting for target company vendors, management teams, institutions and new cos.
Lead and supporting roles on all aspects of investments, fundraisings, new and secondary share issues, offers, placings and listings.
We are seeking to find, work experience such as:
Detailed review/due diligence on all relevant aspects of business and employees;
Detailed analysis experience of financial aspects and implications of proposals;
Preparation of financial spreadsheets on proposed costs and payments options;
Discussion and negotiation with affected employees, managing and resolving all existing and potential employee conflict;
Winding up of pension scheme, transfer of pension entitlements and other benefits;
Reviewing/drafting of all relevant legal, financial and other documents;
General technical, management, commercial and organisational skills:
Effective and efficient project management;
Ability to take and handle responsibility;
Achieving successful results within required time limits;
Working directly and effectively with clients, successfully developing and maintaining good client relationships;
Ability to work as team member or independently as appropriate;
Remaining calm and consistent under pressure;
Strong communication skills – effective and appropriate communication internally and externally, developing and maintaining good relationships with people;
Fast learner; logical, flexible, adaptable thinking;
Effective conduct of meetings and interviews, effective negotiations;
Effective handling of all client matters, including managing expectations.
Effective business development and marketing skills, including understanding the uses/benefits of different media types.
Development of precedents/know how databases/websites; high quality document production and management.
Good IT skills, ability to work with/without secretarial/administrative support.
• Anticipating and recognising potential legal, practical, commercial and financial problems;
• Understanding problems from different perspectives, and finding successful, workable solutions.
Attention to detail, accurate research and drafting;
Careful, detailed due diligence and analysis;
Application of law and related knowledge to business situations;
Setting and management of realistic targets;
Ability to multi-task;
Effective prioritisation and delegation, when appropriate;
Effective supervision, management, support, training and development of colleagues, when appropriate;
Compliance with internal financial systems and procedures;
Assessing risk and demonstrating sound judgement when assessing opportunities and taking on work, dealing with people, and dealing with legal, practical, commercial and financial matters generally.
To apply for this role please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater or Zena Zennor;
Telephone number – 01872 274227 — 07724760904
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is assured at all times.