Executive Chef, Michelin * Chef;
Boutique Hotel, Hospitality Business: Cornwall, Tobago & Southern Europe;
Salary/Bonus (To be negotiated);
Open to all talented chefs with track records from established restaurants;
Working high seasons in each premises;
Business buy-in opportunity;
Michelin* Chef opportunity.
- The Executive Chef is to run the kitchen and the catering business. Prepare food for all guests, emphasis based on extreme excellent quality at all times.
- Responsible for all food and food production, our candidate must ensure performance is constantly exceeding our client’s expectations.
The Executive Head Chef is to take a pro-active role with regards to:
- Food quality;
- Menu planning;
- Food trends;
- Work efficiency and effectively.
The Executive Chef will be expected to drive and develop food offering based on own initiative and customer’s brief whilst liaising with the Directors of the business.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITLIES
- To plan food production to achieve highest possible food quality, whilst reducing labour cost and food cost;
- To actively manage / co-operate in the food production.
- To develop menus that are:
- In line with a premier quality ethos;
- That is in line with client’s needs and wants;
- Based on current international and local food trends;
- In line with budget.
- Rota kitchen and porter staff based on operational requirements at premises;
- Pro-actively build a team of full time and freelance chefs/porters to achieve highest possible food quality and operational efficiency.
- To prepare internal orders for all items within the scope of his/her responsibilities;
- To pro-actively work with the Purchasing Manager to achieve best product at best possible price target;
- To follow and pro-actively influence internal purchasing and store management policies;
- To be responsible for and manage all inventory (food and non-food) within the scope of his/her responsibilities ensuring minimum wastage and inventory value;
- Ensure all food is safe and of highest possible standard;
- Ensure all Food Hygiene / HACCP procedures are being followed;
- Pro-actively develop and drive Food Safety initiatives to ensure on-going food safety and highest possible food quality;
- Costs & Reporting;
- Prepare accurate pre and post event menu costing;
- Control labour cost to achieve set targets;
- Achieve GP targets.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proven track record as Executive Head Chef or Head Chef;
- International experience desirable but not essential;
- Experience in a range of establishments from small scale high-class restaurants to large scale event catering (including Off-Site Events);
- Strong IT Skills (especially Excel & Word);
- Experience in leading teams with a high proportion of freelance and casual chef;
- An exceptionally strong work ethos, especially towards food quality;
- Must be driven, enthusiastic and be of strong character;
- Must be of smart appearance with an interest in quality food;
- Must be able to manage a high workload whilst maintaining professionalism;
- All references must be spot on.
The opportunity is on offer to create your own restaurant signature brand, world-wide locations as stated above with another European site in target for acquisition. An executive search programme has been activated, applications are invited world-wide.
Please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong
Telephone – 01872 274227 — 0044 1872 274227 GMT.
Mail/CV 2 — firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality will be assured all times;