Job: Banking Financial Institutions Litigation
|Title||Banking Financial Institutions Litigation|
Banking and Financial Institutions Litigation Associate/Senior Associate
Our established London Law firm client: T/o 21M, 32 Partners, 40 fee earners, established over 250 years ago, clients include governments, corporates, financial institutions and HNWI’s.
We are seeking to find for our client a competent 2+ commercial litigator who has an interest in financial institutions.
Work will include:
You should be earning minimum 175+
• Commercial Banking Litigation experience in a dynamic and challenging environment, including managing a large caseload of complex high value derivatives and fixed rate loans litigation, international litigation, contentious regulatory matters, trade products litigation, complaints, product development and remediation projects. Reporting to senior stakeholders on complex legal issues and recognising and escalating areas of risk. Supervision of external lawyers involving managing litigation budgets for best value and quality of external legal advice, ensuring litigation strategy aligns with wider risk management issues within the bank and challenging where appropriate. Obtaining documentary and witness evidence and supervising disclosure. Participating in complaints review, including internal decision panels to deliver consistent and fair customer outcomes.
• Managing delivery of customer outcome letters for high-profile remediation project including process development and improvement, drafting, quality control and team lead functions, liaison with legal and complaint assessment functions.
• Extensive litigation, arbitration (UNCITRAL, LCIA and ad hoc) and mediation experience for clients in financial services, insurance/reinsurance and aerospace sectors handling high value complex disputes in the UK and many overseas jurisdictions including: France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, The Netherlands, Belgium, Yugoslavia, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Cyprus, Brazil, Colombia, UAE, Qatar, Argentina, Guatemala, India, Pakistan, United States, Cuba, Nigeria and Tonga.
• Compliance: Dealing both with day to day enquiries in challenging environment (international aviation sector) and with regulatory issues arising from sale of businesses. Experience of sanctions and anti-bribery legislation.
• Defending air traffic controllers against various claims, including claim with potential wide-ranging implications for management of airspace.
• Public Inquiries/Inquests.
• Product liability work for major manufacturers, including defense, product recall and ongoing contractual risk management.
• Insurance/reinsurance disputes. Satellite insurance and reinsurance coverage arbitration and mediation (average value c. £150m – £250m). In-depth knowledge of aviation and satellite market practice and contract wordings.
• Non-contentious contractual review including asset finance contracts.
• Aviation and travel regulatory law, including package travel regulations and EC Regulation 261 issues.
• Proficient in MS Office, Ringtail and Relativity.
Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong LLM