Devon – Cornwall
Salary – Market Rate
Purpose of the role working within Finance department, this role will be responsible for maintaining effective financial controls and processes, managing the month-end closing activities, maintaining the integrity of financial data and the production of reporting requirements for a number of in-house entities. Key Responsibilities
The role incorporates a broad range of accounting duties including:
- Routine month-end closing activities, including inter-company balance and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of the Group’s balance sheet and cash flow to support the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Maintaining the group’s finance policies and procedures, incorporating both accounting policies and internal procedural controls.
- Maintaining the integrity of the financial data on the chosen IT platform.
- Proactive identification, implementation and adoption of system and process to enhance client service, and drive efficiency.
- Support the centralised finance processing operation, driving efficiency through process improvement and standardisation.
- Maintain the external relationship with the chosen bank, ensuring all bank mandates are kept up to date and accurately reflect the operations of the Group.
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller with internal and external audit queries and requests from Group Finance and Group auditors.
- Preparation of in-house company accounts to assist in the completion of tax and regulatory returns.
- Develop strong relationships with the wider Group Finance function to ensure identification and consistent use of best practice.
- Carry out all aspects of the role in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, and controls. Competencies
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT, or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and competent with other Microsoft Office suite and financial packages
- Competent with financial systems ensuring the accuracy of systems and processes
- Demonstrated high degree of numeracy and analytical thinking · Highly diligent and organised approach to work
- ‘Can do’ and very positive attitude with a client service mentality; approachable
- Ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to problem solve and select the most appropriate course of action. Ability to work effectively in a team and use own initiative
- Possess effective time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting demands.
To apply for this position please contact:
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – firstname.lastname@example.org
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.