Job Description Job title: Group IT Director
Purpose of the role The Group IT Director has global responsibility for the delivery of our law firm’s IT strategy, aligning IT deployment in a commercial and effective manner, managing the systems, maximising adoption of technologies and delivering on any strategic business change programmes through the use of both internal and external resources. Candidates must have solid experience working at a local or national law firm.
Key Responsibilities: Strategic
• In line with the law firm’s position of market leading IT provision, this role is responsible for leading the strategic and operational IT planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritising IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organisation.
• Design and deploy a rolling three year rolling IT Strategy to support our law firm client’s Vision, ensuring that innovation, security, reliability, cost and utilisation are the cornerstones of any proposal.
• Work with the senior management team to horizon scan for new technologies, provide solutions and services to the business that retain and increase competitive advantage.
• Ensure security remains central to the IT strategy implementation. Keeping current with risks, threats, vulnerabilities and regulatory requirements relating to the security of clients data and that of its employees and clients.
• Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organisation for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
• Ensure that solutions and proposals are scale-able, flexible and enable the business to operate with agility and embrace change without impacting productivity.
• Work with the Programme Office to ensure the smooth deployment of the Central Project Programme across a broad range of projects. Financial
• Identify opportunities for appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
• Manage the Group IT budget, employ robust and auditable processes and ensure rigor is applied to challenging prices internally and with external suppliers.
• Manage the relationships with external suppliers, ensuring that the optimum services and supplies are procured and that contracts engaged into are fit for purpose and meet the business need.
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organisations.
• Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Delivery of department business plan, budget and team capacity management.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the needs of the business.
• Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organisation of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Motivate and develop team members, through range of performance management techniques. • Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance. Key Competencies:
• Commercially astute with proven track record of aligning to, and supporting Business Strategy and client requirements.
• Experience and interest of identification and application of new technologies to drive competitive advantage.
• Exceptional client service ethos to champion the development of IT service provision and technology adoption.
• Experience managing and/or directing an IT/business operation with a proven track record of successfully delivering IT business plans across multiple jurisdictions.
• Career IT Professional with demonstrable evidence of continued professional development
• Considerable knowledge of business processes, management, budgeting, and business operations. • Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
• Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
• Excellent understanding of project management principles.
• Proven leadership ability, able to motivate staff to deliver high-quality output in line with set priorities.
Jonny Scott-SlaterLLM or Ashley Armstrong LLB
Iuris Praestantia Recruiting.