• Private Client Lawyer
• We are looking to find the following skills and experience:
Wills and Estate Planning:
• Taking initial instructions to prepare Wills and Codicils and ascertaining clients’ wishes and concerns as well as
their family and domestic circumstances.
• Advising on IHT issues, lifetime tax planning options, joint property and possible severance of joint tenancies,
pensions and insurance policies, the effect of the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975,
guardians, funeral directions, executors and advising generally on the appropriate options available for the clients
to achieve their wishes.
• Drafting simple Wills, Discretionary Trust Wills and Wills with Life Interest Trusts and Disabled Trusts. Explaining
provisions to clients.
Administration of Estates:
• Dealing with complicated Inheritance Tax situations arising from lifetime gifts, applying for business property
relief and setting up Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trusts, implementing loan and charge schemes where appropriate and
advising Executors and Trustees on their responsibilities under the Trustee Act 2000.
• Dealing with estates involving foreign property and non-UK domiciled testators.
• Taking initial instructions from executors and proposed administrators and advising on procedure. Advising on terms
of the Will/rules of intestacy and options arising for Deeds of Variation and options in relation to the statutory
trusts. Establishing value of estate including arranging for valuations of property and shares. Exploring IHT issues
and liaising with accountants.
• Applying for Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration, including drafting the appropriate form of oath. Dealing
with problems relating to the admission of a Will to Probate.
• Advising on Drafting Deeds of Variation and explain.
• Preparing IHT400 (and Schedules), IHT205, applying for the transferable nil rate band and other HMRC accounts.
• Distributing assets, including preparing, completing and registering Assents.
• Completing annual Tax Returns for the Administration Period
• Preparing interim and final accounts.
Elderly Client Work:
• Preparing and advising on LPAs and assessing capacity, arranging for medical assessments where appropriate.
• Preparing and advising on applications to appoint a Deputy.
• Acting under an LPA/EPA or Deputyship/Receivership order in day to day management of donor or patient’s affairs.
• Advising on lifetime gifts, asset protection and provision for residential care fees.
• Preparing and advising on applications for statutory Wills.
• Registering LPAs and EPAs with the Office of the Public Guardian and dealing with contested EPA registrations.
Please reply to:
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
(Lifestyle career opportunities)
Iuris Praestantia Recruiting
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.