SWUK Manufacturer of Clothing;
Markets Europe and the Americas;
Salary package geared to performance;
American or European candidates invited;
Your/The excellent Performance Track Record;
Time served Experience in the clothing business
Contacts USA and Europe;
Languages: 2 European, possibly Russian.
Our client is looking to find a Commercial Sales Director with experience in the clothing and accessories business. The mandate is to increase sales figures in Europe and Develop business in the Americas.
We are seeking to find a big-hitter that knows the business, has the contacts and possesses the all-important track record. Our client offers a generous salary package and a profits related bonus.
You can do:
• Defining and leading the selling and distribution strategy in each region with the aim of growing market share and awareness of the brand in that territory
• Developing and leading the sales team to ensure that each regional commercial strategy is executed and targets hit.
• Working with colleagues in marketing to create a full business and marketing plan that will deliver the budgeted sales growth, margin and profit targets in each region.
• Owning the P&L for all regions.
• Key Decision maker for all commercial activities within each territory market.
• Creation of a strong overall distribution strategy that balances the needs of B2C, independent retailers and key accounts.
• Ensuring that larger key accounts are developed in each territory and their needs re: training and delivery are met.
• Work alongside Marketing Director to define sales and marketing strategy for new season and new product launches.
• Lead a team that includes a Sales Manager, 5 Business Development Managers, 5 Trade Support Administrators and a Consumer facing Customer Service team, ensuring they are working effectively as a team and developing their skills.
• Ensuring that the sales team are feeding back product strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to the design & production team to consistently improve our clients offering.
• Ensuring that the sales team are feeding back ideas for point of sale, better marketing materials and support for independent retailers to drive traffic through their doors to uplift sales.
• Leading the internal sales administration team to provide efficiency and support for the “on the road” sales teams and top class customer service experiences for all trade accounts.
• Providing regular feedback to the board (and to the business as a whole) with regard performance against target, business development opportunities and resource planning.
• Conducting regular team meetings to ensure strategy is achieved and the customer service and sales teams are being developed and driven to succeed.
• Conducting regular meetings with key customers to ensure that we are delivering our agreed strategy and receiving regular feedback on product/marketing/service.
We are seeking to find:
• This is a senior, board level role and as such the candidate will have a deep understanding and trading experience preferably in the lifestyle or fashion sector.
• In depth understanding of multi/omni channel retailing.
• It is important that this person understands the importance of brand in the market place and has experience of brand and product management at region and country level in an international environment.
• Likely to have 10+ years’ experience including at least 5 years’ at a senior level.
• Ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution whilst consistently displaying inspiring leadership qualities.
• Our client is still a small business so the ability to roll up sleeves at the nitty-gritty end whilst never losing sight of the overall strategy, is essential.
Telephone 01872 274227 9AM-10PM
Search Confidentiality, is assured at all times.