Risk & Compliance Accountant, SWUK;
- Leading government agency-department-institution;
- Salary 50K;
- Index-linked pension;
- ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CCAB, SOX Qualified;
- Senior Manager, Financial Services Team;
- Reporting to FD;
- Advising Under-Management/budget holders;
- Confidence to deal with senior management;
- Policing & embedding financial awareness;
- Investigating irregularities;
- Protecting fixed assets.
Our clients a household name and highly reputable SWUK institution are seeking to locate and appoint a specialist Risk and Compliance Accountant.
Your highly confidential expert team will be involved in:
- Contracts processing and evaluation;
- Checking and completing policy reviews;
- Providing the Financial Controller with support regarding compliance related matters and taking the lead manager-ship on any special projects work;
- Ensuring all officials are complying with internal policies such as retention policies,
- Completion, governance and inspection of the finance manual;
- Inspection and maintenance of all bank accounts;
- Working with secretariat regarding reviews,
- Implementation of all and new risk frameworks and methodologies, performance measurements;
- Instigate deep reviews on controls and incident root analysis;
- Deliverance of both credit and risk management across all operations on a daily basis;
- Risk assessment of possible credit risk issues;
- Undertaking due diligence to comply with anti-money laundering regulations as well as anti-bribery procedures and any other due-diligence;
- Get involved with the monitoring of compliance with the office policy and procedures and assist with undertaking audits of risk-related subjects;
- Understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations and how it relates to business and operations practice as well as the SRA Code of Conduct;
- Provide training to new joiners and refresher courses to existing staff on the offices conflicts and confidentiality policies.
We are seeking to find the following professional characteristics:
- A professional accountant that is highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment.
- Strong team leader with good organisational, planning and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Sound people management skills and experience of developing and managing a team of professional staff.
- Proven track record in management of multi-disciplinary teams of people.
To apply for this position please contact Jonny Scott-Slater or Joey Polperro;
Telephone – 01872 274227;
Mail CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is assured at all times.
DCER Group International Inc.
World-Wide Financial and Scientific Recruitment.