Department: Dispute Resolution.
This role is to provide a comprehensive and confidential paralegal service to the Dispute Resolution Team, ensuring that they are fully supported. This position forms a platform for those who are keen to progress on to the Trainee Solicitor.
Programme. Key Responsibilities:
· To meet an agreed target chargeable hours per day/week by way of client communication, various research and drafting simple legal documents
· Screen incoming telephone calls, taking and relaying accurate messages where necessary.
Where appropriate, arrange and set up conference and outgoing calls for the team
· Assisting the team with team-specific financials/matter management e.g. budgets, WIP, aged debt reporting
· Undertaking searches at Partner(s) request at an agreed chargeable rate
· Draft and amending simple legal documents, notarial certificates and correspondence and preparing conveyance documents and plans for presentation in court at Partner(s) request and in line with your agreed chargeable rate
· Delegating administration tasks received from the Partner(s) and team as per the specific team workflow model
· Utilise all of the services provided by the Global Support Team
· Ensure that all new client matters are accurately set up in the client accounting and database system, including research to satisfy due diligence requirements
·Maintain and amend client records and contact names
· Ensure files are kept up to date (including filing of emails and correspondence) when active and that files are closed/archived once the matter is concluded
· Undertake client specific BD arrangements and manage communications with clients accordingly and in conjunction with Partners/other fee earners
· Actively participate in team meetings and social events
· Such other duties as the firm may reasonably require from time to time
· Leading the way with innovation, technology and tools by supporting and trialling new initiatives Competencies
· Previous legal experience within a Paralegal role or through relevant studies (LLB/GDL/LPC)
· Appetite to progress on to the Trainee Solicitor programme
· Previous experience of (or an understanding of) Time Entry principles to fully manage own targeted chargeable hours · Accuracy and attention to detail
· Proficient in Word/Outlook and a working knowledge of Excel
· Administrative and document management experience.
Ashley Armstrong LLB or Joey Polperro
E – firstname.lastname@example.org
linkedIn.com (Please link with me)
(Lifestyle career opportunities).
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.
2 CV’s to me please in Microsoft Word. One with all contacts the other with zero contacts displayed.