Senior Associate (Commercial)
Advising clients on a broad range of legal matters across the UK and internationally. With offices in Southern UK and overseas our international global law firm client is well placed to work with a diverse range of businesses and private clients, with a specific focus on Private Wealth, Finance, Investment and Real Estate. Our client also has a strong sector support for Technology and Innovation, Energy, and Manufacturing.
The Commercial team at our law firm client consists of highly regarded specialist lawyers dedicated to advising clients on all aspects of commercial contracts. We have specialisms in Technology and Innovation, Energy, Intellectual Property and Manufacturing. Our international law firm client is known for being an ambitious, growing business protector and advisor, providing a high level of expertise and recognised service, which we leverage to attract a broad, national mix of private European and international spread of clients. Our international law firm client’s technology and Innovation practices are recognised and commended in the main global legal directories.
The Career Opportunity:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Associate to join our Commercial team (with a focus on our Technology and Innovation sector). This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to support and lead an existing team in London and to help develop the practise in London. The role will involve:
• Providing legal advice and assistance on a range of commercial issues.
• Advising on a range of IT, communications, e-commerce and IP matters, predominately in the Technology & Innovation sector.
• Drafting and negotiating agreements with a technology component, including outsourcing, software and systems licensing and development agreements.
• Drafting a range of commercial agreements including, distribution/reseller agreements, standard terms and IP licences.
• Advising on consumer protection law and distance selling law.
• Advising on data protection and freedom of information law issues.
• Playing a key role in London marketing initiatives and seminars.
• Contributing to marketing initiatives and seminars.
• Supporting the career progression of junior colleagues
• Excellent opportunity for career progression.
We are seeking to find:
• Experienced commercial lawyerwith at least 4 years’ post-qualification experience
• Highly skilled at drafting commercial contracts
• Substantial experience of working with technology clients
• A proven track record in business development
• Ability to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service
• Enthusiastic team player
• Mentoring and coaching skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong academics
• An ambition to play a part in achieving success
• Excellent communication skills.
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
T- 01872 274227
CELL – 07724760904
E – firstname.lastname@example.org