Our law firm’s strength and success depends on our client’s commitment to recruit and develop people from the communities in which we operate. Our client’s legal-culture is enabling, supportive and meritocratic. Our law firm client’s relationships are based on fairness, dignity and respect.
As one of the world’s largest providers of legal services, a career at our law firm client offers you the opportunity to work with some of the most highly respected legal practitioners in the world.
Whether you are looking to join our legal, or business services teams, we are interested in people with the drive and ability to flourish in a highly professional and friendly environment.
Requires the services of a qualified and experienced accountant to effectively manage the financial affairs of the law firm business whilst also acting as key Business Partner to the Office Managing Partner supporting the on-going development and deployment of a business strategy for the law firm.
This role reports directly to the Group Chief Finance Officer with primary areas of emphasis to include:
• Provide leadership and direction to the finance team
• Implement a model of best practice and shared learning to enhance efficiencies, whilst ensuring that group policies and procedures are adhered to
• Take full responsibility for the financial management and reporting for the law firm and holdings, working with the group finance team. This will include but it is not limited to; monthly management accounts; IS and cash flow forecasting; annual business planning and budgeting; performance analysis and the annual audit
• Working capital management; working with the Office Managing Partner lead the cash collections and working capital strategies for office
• Implement policies and procedures that drive positive behaviours and improvement in the firms’ lock up
• Actively management the firm’s Income Statement, to maximise results and to drive operating efficiencies to help improve profitability
• Ensure that the firms practice management system is being utilise effectively and is fully optimised
• Working with Group Finance and IT assist in any system upgrades or implementations, offering advice based on experiences gained in other organisations
• Assist the Group Finance team to help drive improvements and efficiencies in relation to the firms reporting environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
• Internationally recognized professional accounting designation (ACA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent)
• A minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience with at least 4 years in a similar position
• Experience with IFRS accounting
• Proven experience with time recording and billing systems
• Prior experience in a legal environment is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and ability to deliver presentations to key stakeholders and influence decision-making processes
• Intellectual capacity to drive performance and improve productivity
• Strong interpersonal skills, sound planning, organizational and project management skills.
Joey Polpero or Jonny Scott-Slater
E – email@example.com
CELL – 07724760904