Litigation Lawyer/Associate, Entertainment/Social/Sports Industry Clients, 2-4 PQE. Cornwall 30-70K+.
Our client an expanding major South West Law firm are looking to appoint a new specialist litigation lawyer, hopefully with experience of working with entertainment/social/sports industry clients.
If you have general litigation skills and would like to work specialising in the above sector then we would also like to hear from you.
This career role is working within the Litigation Department in the specialised and growing ESSI Client Care Team.
Dealing with licensing matters (under the Licensing Act 2003) for the firm’s clients that require licensing services.
- Public Houses;
- Sports venues;
- Insolvency practitioners.
Our chosen and successful lawyer will be running their own busy and increasing case load. Involving complex matters such as:
- Preparation for and attending hearings before Local Authority licensing committees;
- Preparing for appeals, preparation for and attending reviews;
- Dealing with interviews under caution;
You will enjoy working alongside a very knowledgeable Partner in a small team that gives very strategic and expert advice to the firm’s ESSI clients.
Work will also includes managing the submission of the following applications:
- New premises licences;
- Variations of premises licences – minor and major;
- Notifications of interest;
- Transfer of premises licences;
- Changes of DPS;
- You will work with the property fee earner in the firm to ensure licensing aspects of a particular job are covered and be involved in dealing with specialised day to day queries;
- Assist others in the achievement of their objectives;
- Work with the Senior Associate and other team members in the achievement of our client’s business objectives.
We are looking for a lawyer who has:
- At least 3+ PQE. Or an experienced professional with a work record from a recognised licensing practice.
- Advocacy experience although not essential would be highly advantageous
- We are looking for excellent client management and care skills.
- Liaise with licensing officers, local authorities, Police etc on applications made and solve queries raised by them;
- Liaise with clients on a regular basis in order to actively progress matters and solve all queries;
- Prepare reports sent to clients on an agreed reporting cycle;
- Attend client functions and industry events to maintain and enhance existing relationships as well as seeking out business development opportunities to win new clients and new work;
- Provide all our clients with an excellent service in accordance with the firm’s procedures;
- Achieve the financial targets set by the firm, team and individual level expectations;
- Applications from candidates who have worked in house with a leisure business or supermarket chain, or a local authority making applications under the licensing Act 2003 or reviewing those applications made would be welcomed.
- Application from candidates with a mix of licensing and regulatory experience would also be considered.
To take this application to the next stage, please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong.
Telephone 01872 274227.
Mail — email@example.com
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.