Accounts Audit Senior
Company Benefits Package
Our chartered practice client is seeking to find an accounts audit senior for their centrally located Cornwall office. We are seeking an experienced chartered accountant who possesses the following accountancy skills.
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office.
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines.
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to fully, all hours are correctly recorded and budgets are met.
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members.
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel.
- Producing work for Director/Manager and/or Partner review, clearly highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required.
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and unincorporated businesses; plus occasionally UK holding companies of overseas subsidiaries.
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date.
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email.
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients.
- Providing assistance where required on ad hoc special projects.
- Knowledge, skills and attributes.
We are seeking to find:
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent), although part-qualified with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment and including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements.
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer based accounts and tax. compilation programmes; plus advanced MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work.
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind.
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care.
- Full, clean driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car (which must be insured to cover business use and the transport of passengers).
- Working knowledge of financial products, firm services, issues regarding advice and regulations and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Good working knowledge of UK and international GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
To apply for this job please speak to Jonny Scott-Slater or Zenor Zennor
Telephone 01872 274227;
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is always assured.