Company Commercial Lawyer – Devon.
Work Supervisor: Partner.
Training Contact: Associate.
• To provide an efficient and cost effective legal service to the clients of the Firm and thereby to enhance the profitability of the Firm within the relevant department.
• To assist the Firm in its overall objectives as specified in the Firm’s Aim, Business Strategy and Plans.
• To build rapport and establish effective relationships with new and existing clients by using strong interpersonal and professional skills.
• To develop new business with clients.
• To meet the budgetary and time recording targets agreed by the firm.
• To assist in the marketing of the firm always promoting the strengths of the firm and where possible recommending the complete services of the firm to others.
• To develop strong interpersonal relationships with Partners, and staff at all levels.
• To use the firm’s resources cost effectively and with minimum waste.
• To share, manage and exploit the firm’s knowledge in order to improve services and operating efficiency by contribution to the know-how generated or collected by the firm.
• To contribute to team working through co-operation and flexibility.
• To manage time effectively and set realistic timescales.
• To comply with The Law Society’s Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and The Guide to Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
• Provide all our clients with an outstanding service by understanding their personal needs a delivering a service second to none in a cost effective manner.
• Complete management of client files including financial aspects.
• Meticulous time recording, working efficiently so as to make the service provided cost effective.
• Ensure instructions and procedures are efficiently handled and systematised where possible.
• Comply with the responsibilities and accountabilities set out in the ‘Criteria for Promotion’ guide for
Solicitor to Associate Status.
• Comply with Firm’s procedures and manuals.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
• An ability to understand and relate to clients’ needs.
• Project management skills, utilising systems where appropriate.
• Priority and time management skills.
• Flexible approach.
• Organised, with lateral thinking skills and an eye for detail.
• Able to cope with pressures associated with handling multiple caseloads.
• A team player, with the temperament to form working partnerships with Partners and Staff.
• Knowledge of relevant area of law – Corporate & Commercial.
• Commitment to Client Care
Experience & Qualifications Preferred:
• Suitably qualified and experienced solicitor.
• Establishing a specialist reputation and fame.
• Any other qualifications required in support of legal specialism.
• Law Society Management Course Stage 1.
Summary of Requirement
• 0-5 PQE Corporate solicitor
• Reporting to Partner
• Corporate team consists of nationally recognised Venture Capital practice and highly rated corporate practice.
• Good career prospects.
To apply for this position with our retained client please contact Karen Palmer or Zena Zennor;
Telephone 01872 274227
CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.