Senior Project Manager – International Development
Agriculture and Irrigation
Our client is a £1.1 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our client’s network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives them local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every of their important clients.
The Senior Project Manager will be working within the integrated water resources (IWR) portfolio will be based in Southern UK region, but required to participate in overseas assignments, either on short or longer term assignments as the project dictates.
Reporting to the Sub-divisional manager/Portfolio manager of the IWR Portfolio in the International Development (ID) subdivision, and works in close liaison with the two other based subdivisions of the International Development Division:
• IDBMX-Euro-consult, specialising in land, water and environment consultancy;
• IDBMX, specialising in management consultancy services for public, private and social sector development.
Responsible for a number of international water resources projects, ensuring that the management systems (IMS) is applied to manage and minimise risks on projects, budgeting and financial management, managing and monitoring staff resources, ensuring project delivery, and all related tasks.
Working with other teams in the international development and environment divisions on projects related to water resource management in the UK and overseas as required.
- Preparing proposals for new work.
- Fostering relationships with donors and partners overseas and in the UK to develop opportunities for future projects and for collaboration.
- Assisting in the development and promotion of our offerings in agreed areas related to water resources.
- Preparing papers for publication or presentation at conferences on innovative aspects of projects.
- Assisting in the management of framework agreements and participate as needed in assignments commissioned through this framework in the water/environment sectors.
Job Description The Senior project manager will be responsible for:
- Project management of international water resources projects, ensuring the application of the integrated management systems (IMS) to help manage and minimise risks on projects.
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Ensuring project delivery, and all related tasks.
- The successful delivery of projects and for meeting all technical/professional and contractual obligations.
- Providing technical inputs with teams in the international development and environment divisions on projects related to water resource management in the UK and overseas as required.
- Leading and directing the preparation of technical and financial proposals for new work as required.
Candidate Specification Key skills, qualifications and experience:
- First and/or higher degree in any discipline related to water resource management (hydrology, engineering, social science, environment, political science or economics) or equivalent.
- Significant experience and technical expertise in water resource management, for example in river basin planning, water allocation, sustainable water infrastructure, irrigation management, climate change adaptation, participation in irrigation or water resource management, environmental flows.
- Operational and financial business expertise.
- Proven ability and track record in business development in the international development context.
- Excellent people skills.
- Experience of working in a developing country, preferably in South/South-East Asia or Africa, and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- A track record of working in or supporting multi-disciplinary networked teams with team members based in several countries.
- Experience of managing international development projects in the water or environmental sectors.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable, to learn new skills and apply existing skills to new areas of business.
- Willingness to travel on short or long-term overseas assignments, preferably including conflict-affected areas.
To apply for this position please telephone: UK: 01872 274227;
US – 001 954 378 9414;
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak to: Ashley Armstrong, Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater;
Confidentiality is assured at all times.