Engineer, Mechanical. 40-90K
Retained Executive Search starts October 2013
Applications invited on a world-wide basis.
|Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the maintenance strategy and the assurance of the integrity and reliability of facility mechanical and rotating equipment.
- Function as technical resource to maintenance groups to direct and recommend problems solutions.
- Recommends selection of vendors and contractors for the purchase of materials, equipment, and supplies, and contracting of engineering consultants, workshops and specialized technical services to improve operating efficiency.
- Prepare equipment RFQ packages and technical bid evaluations. Coordination and control of all repairs with workshops and suppliers as required. Act as focal point for all repairs; supporting maintenance teams in the development and quality assurance of repair terms of reference; including required specifications, analyses and documentation / reports as appropriate.
- Develop QA/QC standards for rotating equipment repair. Ensure by personal inspection or QA inspection that repaired items and new purchased items are fit for service within time requirements.
- Analyses equipment failures and prepares reports regarding findings and cause of failures while identifying remedial actions, including revisions to the Maintenance strategy content and follows up on implementation of agreed actions.
- Assures the vibration and lube oil condition monitoring strategy and its development; reviews and updates related processes, keeping as a goal the continuous improvement of the equipment reliability and integrity while optimising costs and production levels.
- Actively supports the Reliability Engineer in the implementation of the failures solving process using the structured methodology for Root Cause Failure Analysis; supports and validates recommendations from Failure reports. Responsible to present and validate recommendations with client’s engineers.
- Supports maintenance department activities associated with the technical operations related to mechanical equipment located either onshore or offshore. Specifics procedures and materials/tools for safe and effective execution of offshore and onshore work, such as major equipment overhauls, annual shutdown, and equipment modifications.
- Supports implementations of preventative and predictive maintenance programs for all production.
- Equipment and other equipment such as pumps, compressors, turbine and reciprocating engines, and any other mechanical equipment as required.
- Coordinates with the MTLs and client the scheduling of major maintenance activities and other technical and operating programs.
- Reviews vendors operating and maintenance manuals and drawings relating to new equipment for completeness/technical correctness and ensure information is transferred to CMMS, maintenance strategy and maintenance procedures
- Accountable for personal safety and ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe, environmentally responsible manner with integrity
- Maintain the required technical quality of work assuring that work output complies with the relevant procedures
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from a recognised university.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience and five (5) in a similar position related to equipment maintenance or involvement with facility design/installation. Maintenance activities include offshore platforms, onshore receiving station, gas processing plants and support infrastructure.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering/Technical Support projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Offshore projects experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to synthesise complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize in a high performance, fast-paced work environment; adjusting effectively to new work structures, processes, or requirements.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Effectiveness with Others, establishing rapport and a positive working relationship with individuals within or outside the work group.
- Inspires and motivates others to work well and accepts feedback.
- Seeks ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Extremely self-motivated with excellent supervisory and organisational skills combined with very good technical judgement.
- Intermediate computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
To apply for this position please contact Ashley Armstrong, Karen Palmer or Zac Murray.
Telephone: 01872 274227;
Mail CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality will be assured at all times.