Associate / Senior Associate
Department: Insurance & Private Wealth.
Our law firm client offers tailor-made legal advice to investment funds, private equity and financial institutions on cross-border transactions. They advise private clients, institutional clients and non-domestic law firms on all aspects of insurance and wealth structuring solutions.
With our law firm client’s teams across Europe, Asia and the Caribbean, they specialise in international and cross-border matters, including passporting activities, GDPR, PRIIPS, IDD and BEPS.
Our law firm client has decades of experience in private wealth matters. Our team is the STEP international Legal Team of the Year (2017) and Legal Week most innovative law firm (2018).
Purpose of the role:
We are currently looking for an associate or a senior associate for our Insurance and Private Wealth department with an international mind-set, strong commitment and creativity.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
• Advising clients on all matters relating to Insurance and Private Wealth cases;
• Being involved in a wide variety of Insurance and Private Wealth operations such as insurance regulatory issues, international wealth structuring for HNWI, investment vehicles, international private law, taxation;
• Advising on insurance distribution, products, international wealth insurance as well as estate planning;
• Coordinating multi-jurisdictional advice as to assist institutions and private individuals with their cross-border operations and wealth planning issues;
• Reviewing and drafting services agreements, powers of attorney, pledge agreements and insurance contracts;
• Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships. Establish credibility, influence where appropriate and provide excellent client service. Description (cont.) ADMIN-945371-3
• Providing more generally ongoing support to senior lawyers/partners in advising domestic and international clients on diversified legal matters in the domain of regulatory principles, taxation & private investment tools. Competencies
• You have completed a postgraduate law degree, ideally complemented with an additional degree gained abroad (LL.M or Business School degree);
• You have gained a meaningful experience in Civil Law, Corporate Law, International Private Law, International Taxation, Insurance Law & Private Wealth;
• You have 4 to 6 years’ post qualification experience ideally in a top tier law firm with international exposure;
• You are admitted to the Bar in Luxembourg or another EU jurisdiction, or have attended or are eligible to attend the CCDL;
• You are a team player and would like to be professionally active in an international environment, with the ability to work effectively in a team and sometimes under pressure;
• You are autonomous, dynamic, flexible, proactive, service-oriented and have excellent communication skills; and
• You have a perfect command of both written and spoken in French and English. Any other language would be an asset. What we offer
• A practical experience including direct contact with experienced lawyers and partners, creating opportunities for personal progression;
• A young and dynamic and multicultural working environment;
• The possibility to develop a deep expertise and gain substantial exposure to various practice areas; • Autonomous file management under the supervision of a senior lawyer or partner; and
• A training programme to develop your legal, business and soft skills in close collaboration with our Jersey head office;
• A career progression and attractive benefits.
Jonny scott-Slater or Karen Palmer
E – firstname.lastname@example.org