Management Accountant 30-45K
Our client a house-hold name in local business, are seeking to appoint a qualified Management Accountant, 3-7 PQE+ They would look at either a candidate from industry or from a firm of Chartered Accountants that schedule for the larger corporate client.
We are seeking to find a team player that is steady, additionally has keen aspirations for future career progression. Our clients business is growing and future opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
We are seeking to find a professional candidate with work experience that is outlined below.
- Prepare, develop and analyse management accounting information;
- Provide high quality support service to line managers/officers in the organisation;
Reports to: the Finance Director, financial controller, chief accountant or head of management accounts as appropriate to the business.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading a small team of staff responsible for the production of management accounts;
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports to senior management;
- Analysing variances and exploring potential problems with other managers and accountants;
- Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the business;
- Preparation of cash-flow statements, income and expenditure accounts and tax returns;
- Improving the systems surrounding all aspects of the firm’s budgets, forecasts and business planning
- Establishing and maintaining costing models for the business;
- Planning projects exploring potential problems or opportunities, ensuring that resources and staff are available to execute important work;
- Carrying out any necessary research, analysing it and concluding on the information;
- Providing financial support for a particular department, processing applications and reports to the allocated managers;
- Setting up and maintaining reporting systems;
- Budgeting, planning and forecasting for the businesss and implementing performance measures as required
- Providing financial support for the corporate operation.
Ideal person specification
- A recognised professional accounting qualification:
All accountants must have with a thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques.
- The ability to manage and motivate a team;
- High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance professionals and other staff;
- First hand experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting;
- Used to working in fast moving environments providing accurate and timely information to a high standard;
- Experience and understanding of business accounts;
- Be a professional and companionate team player that wants to progress in the near future.
Please send in your CV to: – firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak to Ashley Armstrong, Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer
Telephone – 01872 274227.
Confidentiality is always assured.