90K + Bonus
Our Cornish law firm client is seeking to appoint a competent and capable property conveyancer for their London office. We are seeking to find a property professional with the following skills and work capabilities.
• To be responsible for taking instructions, confirming these in writing and managing the client and carrying out their instructions.
• To open a file, both physical and electronic, for the client and considering Money Laundering and Identity theft regulations where necessary taking and confirming ID for the client.
• To identify and manage risk for the firm.
• To act on behalf of a financial lender when required and balance the interests of the lender with those of the client.
• To manage the Conveyancing process and flow of work using the case management system paying due attention to key dates and actions.
• To interact with others involved in the Conveyancing process such as the Cashier; if the Conveyance is part of another process such as probate, the instructing Solicitor; the ‘other side’ of the transaction; any land or estate agent.
• To manage the financial side of the conveyance, this will include taking money on account; ensuring that funds are sufficient and available at exchange of contracts and completion; accounting to a funds provider or their agent at the end of the conveyance; producing a completion statement which will identify all key parts of the financial transaction; accounting and paying to HMRC for any tax payable in a timely manner; accounting and paying to the client the balance of any monies. To ensure that all financial parts of the transaction accord with SRA accounts rules.
To ensure the client is kept aware and up to date of developments.
To ensure good title is provided before exchange of contracts and accounting to the client for the same; carrying out such searches as required and informing the client of the consequences.
To ensure that property is registered with the Land Registry and that all paperwork is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
Skills and Knowledge required:
Knowledge and understanding of all parts of the Conveyancing process this includes:
Requirements by Mortgage/Financial lenders.
Requirements by HMRC.
Requirements by HM Land Registry.
SRA & Law society rules and regulations.
Requirements by Local Authorities.
Requirements of the firm.
Good Financial comprehension and basic arithmetic.
Good interpersonal and client skills.
Up to date legal knowledge of the work area and completed CPD points, excellent understanding and comprehension of property law including:
Qualification as a Solicitor, Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer or a minimum of 6 years’ experience in all parts of the Conveyancing process.
Understanding of Lexcel requirements and working accordingly.
Understanding financial aspects of case management and the organisation with particular emphasis on cash-flow.
Use and maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice, such as using the case management system, send, forward and respond to e-mails with or without attachments, conduct research on internet and legal precedent systems and ensure electronic filing of all data.
Understand the main uses and applications of the office telephone system – e.g. be able to re-route calls, set up conference calls, etc. as well as using fax machines and scanners.
Clear disciplinary record in previous employment or a non-substantial disciplinary record for the last 5 years.
To apply for this London career position please send your CV2 email@example.com
Telephone 01872 274227 – 07724760904
Account Executives: Jonny Scott-Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Zena Zennor.