Business Development Professional/Manager, SWUK Law firm.
Financial Package Negotiable + for the right candidate;
Cornwall and Devon.
Our valued client, a well-respected, forward thinking and soundly established law firm that offers legal advice to private, public and corporate clients are seeking to appoint a Business Development Professional/Manager. We are looking to find a business development professional that possesses West Country economic landscape awareness and commercial acumen.
This exciting role will involve all aspects of i-marketing and business development, from defining strategic plans to implementation of department level initiatives. The successful candidate will be expected to work with Department Managers, build on the extensive electronic and physical marketing collateral in place, managing the firms brand and image.
Candidates must have experience of developing and implementing marketing plans using the 7 “P”s of the marketing mix, be capable of identifying and developing new sales opportunities. Experience of e-marketing, event management, and client relationship management systems will be beneficial to this role.
This newly created career position is all about creation of business opportunities that can be converted into fee revenue. This is a performance job where the Partners are very keen to see success and business expansion.
This position is not just an administration role; it’s all about expanding the business, new client capture and revenue generation.
- Defining the overall marketing strategy of the firm in accordance with the business plan and owners of the business;
- Implement and evaluate the firm’s marketing plan;
- Assessing and progressing requirements of Departments Heads and offices – developing individual presentation of services departments expanding (including evaluation of the effectiveness of all activities) Managing the firm’s brand and image (including offices and staff);
- Responsibility for developing marketing collateral to promote firm’s services including developing and implementing the firm’s e-marketing strategy (websites, e-newsletters, social media and Google Ad campaigns) liaising with external agencies and experts;
- Arrange and attend as appropriate events, seminars, workshops, entertainment of existing and potential clients and introduction of work and contacts;
- (outdoor advertising, media, cinema, direct mail, radio) and sponsorship undertaken by individual offices and by the business as a whole relationship management system;
- Planning the firm’s PR activity;
- Identifying new opportunities, new product ideas and new markets;
- Competitor analysis;
- Full understanding of the legal markets the Firm currently operates in and those it could;
- High level of awareness of the local business market;
- CIM membership;
- To communicate all relevant information and issues on a regular basis;
- To review the website and intranet content and news section at least monthly; to ensure the Managing Partner is briefed as to the information added to the news section;
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm documentation and information;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook (email and Calendar) PowerPoint and Excel;
- Delivering traditional and innovative marketing campaigns;
- Prominent F2F and Public Speaking skills;
- Able to take instructions and interpret them to the given tasks;
- Able to use initiative to achieve objectives and complete tasks;
- Organise data and material efficiently;
- Understanding a law firms structure and how it intigrates into the commercial grid;
- Our client is very keen to meet with a lawyer that has a flair for marketing and business generation.
To apply for this business development, marketing and indirect revenue generation position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak to either Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong, telephone 01872 274227.
Cornwall Execuitve Recruitment Ltd – Law, Accountancy and Commercial Executive jobs, Cornwall, Devon. 01872 274 277.