Under Sea Exploration Company.
Our client is an independently owned industry-leading engineering company that specialises in supplying innovative solutions for subsea and harsh environment application. All our client’s equipment is designed, manufactured and supported in-house at the marine base in Cornwall. The company is growing at a steady pace in response to demand for its innovative range of stock and bespoke products and solutions.
Our client’s rapidly expanding subsea engineering company in Cornwall is looking for a methodical, proactive, embedded software engineer who is passionate about providing effective, innovative products. Candidates will work directly with our existing electrical engineers to develop globally recognised equipment and class leading subsea exploration solutions.
Our client requires people who are motivated to deliver high quality work and will integrate with existing team members. Across all our engineering roles we need people with a keen interest in continuous learning, who will approach problem solving with an open mind, and enjoys technically challenging software projects. Candidates must be familiar with sharing ideas and will also be expected to consult on projects in which their area of expertise is the principal factor required to delivering a great service/product. Other standard skills required of anyone working for our client include; good communication skills, strong documentation and writing skills, the ability to work well both independently and in a team, as well as compelling multitasking skills and the capacity to use your initiative.
• Provide PLC engineering solutions and support in the design, assembly and testing & commissioning phases of all equipment
• Design, commission, test and debug PLC system software.
• Review existing code and design.
• Support system QA and optimize I/O performance.
• Interface with hardware design and development.
• Provide accurate feedback and information
• Provide on-site electrical support as required (global travel as required)
• Attend project kick off meetings
• Efficient fault finding to minimise downtime
• Attend project debrief meetings
• Degree or suitable alternative in Electrical Engineering (demonstrable time served experience may be considered depending on submission of documentation and accurate records.
• 3 years minimum experience of PLC and systems design and construction within a process-related industry sector. (preferably in but not limited to the offshore industry or armed forces).
• Knowledge of relevant standards, code and practices.
• Keen & enthusiastic attitude.
• Good communication and report writing skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
• Familiarisation with Schneider PLC systems and related software
• Experience with motor/encoder-based systems
• Control panel design & fault finding
• Valid BOSIET or STCW95 qualifications
• Valid ENG1 medical
• Hold a full clean driving license
• Fluency in a foreign language would be an advantage
This is an exciting role, offering you responsibility and rewards from day one. You get the opportunity to accelerate a new product into the market, whilst working in an exciting team and having a significant impact on the future direction of the company.
E – email@example.com
All applications are in the strictest of confidence.