Private Client Lawyer
3-12 PQE +
Cornwall Devon Opportunities.
We are seeking to locate and appoint for our prestigious law firm client a Private Client Lawyer, below is what we will expect to find.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated solicitor with experience of private client matters. It is anticipated that this will be a full time, permanent position based at the law firm’s South West UK office.
To achieve the following:
– To undertake fee earning work, working both independently, with minimal supervision and as a member of the team;
– Maintain existing relations with the firms clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third party referrers;
– Managing private client matters, with a particular focus on:
– Preparation of wills and trusts;
– Administration of estates and trusts;
– Advising on trusts for pension and life insurance policies;
– Advising on tax matters with emphasis on Inheritance Tax mitigation;
– Advising clients with regard to elderly issues, from LPAs to Deputy Orders;
– Estate planning for asset protection with a focus on tax minimisation, care fees and third party creditors;
– Managing relationships with IFAs, accountants and clients.
– Must be willing to work closely with other departments within the firm on joint projects;
– Must be willing to participate in the growth and future development of the department, assisting in the build up the client base and marketing the firm.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
– Good “hands on” private client experience in particular with high net worth clients;
– Excellent client facing skills and the ability to nurture existing clients and third party relationships as well as the ability to help develop new business and assist in networking events;
– The ability to prioritise work and to work to strict timescales where required;
– Technical proficiency and good IT skills;
– A strong academic background;
– It would be desirable for the successful candidate to have:-
– Experience of advising clients with offshore interests
– Experience of advising on charitable trust work.
What we are hoping to find:
– To comply with our client’s company’s policies in the carrying out of duties and to assist Partners and other fee earners in achieving a smooth throughput of work;
– To support the successful development of the Company in line with its overall objectives including client care;
– Participate in marketing activities and actively seek cross referral opportunities and to market the Firm’s services;
– Use the firms IT and case management systems;
– To achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fee income and the recording of chargeable hours;
– To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Company and client documentation and information;
– To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care;
– To maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations;
– To adhere to agreed Practice procedure as determined from time to time, especially as related to quality standards;
– Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice;
– Any other matters reasonably required by the Partners.
Zena Zennor or Joey Polperro