Paralegal Department: Business & Trust law Group.
Purpose of the role:
This role will provide a comprehensive and confidential paralegal service to a Legal Team, ensuring that they are fully supported. This position offers either a platform for those who are keen to progress on to the Trainee Solicitor Programme, or a long-term career in a legal support role.
• To meet an agreed target chargeable hours per day/week by way of client communication, various research and drafting simple legal documents
• Screen incoming telephone calls, taking and relaying accurate messages where necessary. Where appropriate, arrange and set up conference and outgoing calls for the team
• Assisting the team with team-specific financials/matter management e.g. budgets, WIP, aged debt reporting
• Undertaking searches at Partner(s) request at an agreed chargeable rate
• Draft and amending simple legal documents, notarial certificates and correspondence and preparing conveyance documents and plans for presentation in court at Partner(s) request and in line with your agreed chargeable rate
• Primary line of communication between Partner(s) and Client
• Primary contact for team-specific legal and business services queries as the embedded team support
• Delegating administration tasks received from the Partner(s) and team as per the specific team workflow model
• Utilise all of the services provided by the Global Support Team
• Ensure that all new client matters are accurately set up in the client accounting and database system, including research to satisfy due diligence requirements
• Maintain and amend client records and contact names
• Ensure files are kept up to date (including filing of emails and correspondence) when active and that files are closed/archived once the matter is concluded
• Undertake and manage client specific BD arrangements for Partners
• Provide complete assistance to fee-earners and clients regarding various legal issues
• Identify and retrieve information necessary to support legal decision-making
• Such other duties as the firm may reasonably require from time to time • Leading the way with innovation, technology and tools by supporting and trialling new initiatives Competencies
• Previous legal experience or relevant Legal studies complete (LLB/GDL/LPC)
• Previous experience of (or an understanding of) Time Entry principles to fully manage own targeted chargeable hours
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficient in Word/Outlook and a working knowledge of Excel
• Administrative and document management experience
• Superior organisation, administration and communication skills to undertake work at a high-level and of a confidential nature
• Ability to efficiently manage own time and prioritise workflow
• Ability to adapt to the continual roll-out of innovative tools and processes
• Supportive of and able to demonstrate agile and flexible working.
Ashley Armstrong LLB, Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – firstname.lastname@example.org
(Lifestyle career opportunities).
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.
2 CV’s to me please in Microsoft Word. One with all contacts the other with zero contacts displayed.