Head of Private Clients
Wills, Trusts, Probate.
Summary of Role:
Head of Private Client supervises other private client staff as well as undertaking fee earning work in Private Client which consists of work involving Wills, Probate, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection, Care home funding and other elderly client issues.
Other private client lawyers.
Other private client lawyers.
Clients and Beneficiaries and Attorneys.
other Branch office staff.
Key tasks or Responsibilities:
• To actively contribute to the running of the firm and to its long term strategy, to create and be responsible for departmental plans and strategies.
• Supervise, appriase, train and develop any staff reporting and contribute to appraisals by others.
• To organise and lead office and departmental meetings, leading by example with contributions made at and subsequent to such events, following up on decisions and actions.
• to be part of the management team of the firm.
• In their personal fee earning work billings of at least £150,000 pa will be expected, other than where exceptional circumstances apply.
• Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management and other work procedures.
• Ensure proper control of work in progress for all staff reporting such as; key dates, risk management, billing and cash collection, time write off etc.
• Develop new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others. Develop and support marketing initiatives for each office.
• Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in their professional and personal lives.
• Maintain familiarity with the key roles within the firm and the firm’s policies and procedures and actively promote them.
Skills or Experience required:
• To have been qualified for at least ten years as a lawyer and to have a minimum of 7 years work experience within private client work, with an emphasis on probate and elderly clients.
• Good people skills particularly dealing with older people or those with disabilities.
• Understanding of the firm’s Lexcel requirements and working accordingly.
• Understanding financial aspects of case management and the organisation with particular emphasis on cashflow.
• Use and maintain IT skills appropriate to modern legal practice, such as using the case management system, send, forward and respond to e-mails with or without attachments, conduct research on internet and legal precedent systems and ensure electronic filing of all data.
• Understand the main uses and applications of the office machinery.
• Up to date legal knowledge of the work area and completed CPD points.
• Clear disciplinary record in previous employment or a non-substantial disciplinary record for the last 5 years.
• To be a member of appropriate professional bodies.
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak to: Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater
Telephone 01872 274227
Confidentiality is assured at all times.