Senior Associate Lawyer, Property – Agriculture, Commercial Property and Development Projects work.
Our client an award winning South West based law firm are seeking to appoint an ambitious Associate Lawyer who is looking to make Partner Designate within a thirty six month time frame.
We are currently engaged in Search, and this will lead to a comprehensive short-list programme, next year.
Ideally we are seeking a specialist property lawyer with comprehensive experience in the following work:
- Agricultural property and landed estates work;
- Property development projects for both private limited companies and major PLC contractors;
- Agricultural tenancies, farm contracting and share farming agricultural landlord & tenant and all types of associated leases;
- Be familiar with the law of agricultural holdings, private and agricultural landlord and tenant law;
- Stewardship schemes, grazing rights, shooting and sporting rights, environmental management matters, property development and farm business tenancies;
- Easements and licences, single farm payments and entitlements, agricultural land tribunal and arbitrations;
- Blood stock issues;
- All relevant aspects and a good knowledge of agri-business and all of its complexities;
- Knowledge and work experience of: Advising on, drafting, submitting planning applications for Government Funded projects including all specialised administration & associated negotiation work;
- Draft applications for renewable energy projects, agricultural commercial sales, purchase & development of land for retail parks, offices, industrial estates, airports, marinas and hospitals;
- Drafting of s106 planning agreements with government agencies. s104’s with utility companies; wayleave agreements with commercial utility companies, optional agreements;
- Drafting and negotiating large client corporate mobile phone lease agreements, overages, covenant and easement issues;
- Farming and agri-industry tenancy leasehold succession advice;
- Planning and environmental law issues;
- Complex securities work;
- Business sales and purchases of all sizes.
- Licensing and the leisure industry;
- Affordable housing development,
- Mines and quarrys;
- Waste management, disposable and landfill;
Your current clients and contacts could ideally be:-
- Government agencies and offices;
- Officials in local government planning departments and associated offices;
- Property Developers;
- Managing Directors in large building companies and multinational building companies;
- High net worth individuals who are active in the property market, based in both the UK and overseas locations.
- Other commercial property lawyers and partners;
- UK/overseas based international hotel group directors;
- Government-crown officials;
- Estate agents;
- Senior property conveyancers with good local contacts.
Your Commercial Property work experience will have included:
- Provide a dedicated commercial property law service to clients throughout the firm’s offices;
- Working with a Partner to develop commercial property law as a practice area within the business and specifically in the Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and London market;
- Support the general development of the property business in the South West offices by working with colleagues to provide a full service offering to all commercial clients;
- Team management and development programmes;
- Provide accurate and commercial property law advice to clients;
- Contribute to the development of precedents and the “case flow” system;
- Assist with the development of the firm’s commercial property law expertise;
- Have an open door policy with regard to sharing your overall property expertise;
- Networking within the business community and to key referral sources in order to develop a high profile for commercial property and general property work;
- Participating in the development of the firm’s online presence for commercial property by contributing to its “online presence”;
- Contributing ideas to the firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives;
- Organising and delivering regular seminars to clients and contacts;
- Writing regular articles for submission to local publications/firm’s website/newsletter for clients and contacts;
- Manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements;
- Take responsibility for own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements;
- Assist with the supervision and line management of junior colleagues and secretarial support staff for whom the post holder is responsible and encourage support staff in their development and training
- Identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities;
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with all that is required.
It’s a complex specification and we are leaving no stone unturned.
If you’re an ambitious property lawyer, currently working at Associate level and can’t see a future regarding your career progression to Partner Designate; then this is the opportunity for you.
If you’re working for a small law firm practice and want to work for a larger City corporate name that can offer: Spacious elegant offices, parking, an inclusive private healthcare scheme, generous pension arrangements and sports club facilities.
Then look no further, this is the career development opportunity for you.
For further details please telephone 01872 274227 and speak to either: Jonny Scott Slater, Ashley Armstrong, Zena Zennor or Karen Palmer.
Mail – email@example.com
Confidentially is assured at all times.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.