Our client a local firm with offices in both Devon and Cornwall are seeking to appoint a construction lawyer. We will look at both local and nationwide applications.
The role will involve undertaking a broad range of work within the developing and growing construction practice working predominantly on non-contentious transactional work but also administering contentious instructions when required.
• To undertake a full range of existing and new construction cases for clients within your geographical area and client base.
• To support others in the team with any specific business development and marketing activities to develop client work and fee income as part of supporting the business and strategic plans.
• To work with the Unit Leader and others within the wider construction team to further develop the offering and client base as required.
• To ensure appropriate a quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies.
• To consistently meet all KPI and targets and any other broader objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the team plans.
Skills and Attributes:
• Proven technical knowledge and track record of a broad range of both contentious and non-contentious construction work preferably from within a recognised national or regional construction practice.
• Some experience of business development and marketing activities would be desirable.
• A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a multi-site team environment.
• Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
• Proven commitment to working within a quality standard environment.
• Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development including self-awareness and self-reflection and continuous improvement.
• A track record of consistently delivering to targets and objectives.
• An understanding of the importance of knowledge management and sharing.
• Previous experience of working with a CRM system would be an advantage.
For a further discussion regarding this role please contact: Ashley Armstrong, Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater
CV2 – email@example.com
Telephone – 01872 274227
Confidentiality will be assured at all times.