Property Lawyer – In House:
Executive Search: December 2015.
A unique opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest Peer2Peer business lenders at a key stage in its development as the in-house Property Lawyer. There is scope for the role to evolve into the company’s in house legal function, providing general in-house support to the whole business.
Our client is a peer-to-peer business lender, introducing businesses looking for interest only finance, with property to secure against it, to investors looking for a good return. Our client is innovative, fast growing with aspirations to be in every local community across the UK. Our client was founded in February 2013 and is an exciting and dynamic business looking to expand. Our client currently have five offices in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
In this exciting role you will be required to instruct external law firms to perfect security, review and sign off their reports on title, manage legal enquiries, and co-ordinate the development of the precedent documents. Separately, the role will include dealing with redemptions and other dealings with the loan book.
In addition there is scope for this role to evolve and for you to become the company’s in-house legal function, dealing with an array of commercial issues and becoming the first port of call prior to appointing external lawyers. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is in-house wanting a new, fresh and exciting role OR for someone in private practise looking to take their first step out of a legal practice.
Skills and Experience:
You will be an experienced property lawyer or senior paralegal/legal executive who will relish the opportunity to:
• Be dynamic and commercially astute.
• Build fantastic working relationships when liaising closely with the external law firms.
• Work autonomously and be confident in creating working practices in a new environment. You will maintain custody over the title of the loan book, registering any amendments, and releasing security at the end of the life of the loan.
• Be pragmatic and driven when actioning the default processes in the event of any default.
• Be an experienced lawyer able to assimilate the key issues and make good commercial decisions.
• Bring to bear your broad experience of mortgages and title.
To apply for this role please send your CV2 : email@example.com
Telephone: 01872 274227 – 07724760904 – 07490445449
Speak to Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater
Confidentiality will be assured at all times.