Job & Role profile:
Our client is currently re positioning, building upon 50 years of catering experience. Our bar and restaurant experience is central to our brand, delivering affordable luxury informally to discerning guests. To commence we have invested £250 000 into the bar and restaurant and are continuing into the bedrooms with a further investment of a million pounds. We are looking for a General Manager to lead the changes and re-position the Hotel whilst ensuring day to day performance.
Send us over your CV of your journey so far and a covering letter explaining why you think this would fit with you. Join us at this early stage of our journey while we create something quite special.
Our Clients Vision:
A destination Hotel; Informal, unique, affordable and decadent luxury. A place to kick back and escape the ordinary.
Our Clients Strategy:
To be creatively quirky yet sophisticated, cool and authentic. Using high skills and crafts around us. Daring to be different whilst creating an awesome experience.
This will result in the re-position the Hotel from 3 star to 4-star silver.
Purpose of the Job:
The GM will lead an experienced and diverse team to deliver the Vision and Strategic plan whilst overseeing the day to day running of the Hotel to ensure high performance as demonstrated by the Key Result Areas. Clearly communicating the Vision and Strategy to stakeholders.
Key Result Areas:
People and Leadership.
Brand and Marketing.
• Identifying target markets, understanding their needs and providing offerings to delight them. Paying close ‘attention to details’ and ensuring quality.
• To see things from the perspective of a critical customer.
Leading the team
Providing clarity of purpose. Developing and engaging the Team. Focusing the team. Achieve Team Performance. Leading change programmes.
Building and achieving the budget
Maximising Profit. Commercial Savvy.
Sales and Marketing.
• Brand Authenticity.
• Explicit and achieved Sales and Marketing Plans including brand building.
• You will identify the Hotels target market segments and align offerings to delight them.
• Raising standards and service delivery in all areas of the hotel through current practice and the introduction of new ideas and concepts. A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service.
• Designing Operational process to deliver on the promise at a profit whilst pleasing customers. Creating and capturing value.
• Bringing an Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit to the Hotel. Looking at new products and services, processes and markets.
• A strong focus on all aspects of legal compliance.
NPS & Reviews.
Hotel Operating Profit. GP%. Wage %
Engagement Survey Score. Training Measures. Retention.
Segmented sales growth. RevPar. TrevPar.
Audits & mystery visits. Customer comments analysis.
Leading By Example
Leading by example, being present at important occasions, meeting and building relationships with guests. Building the reputation one guest at a time, responding positively to complaints, recovering and learning from them. Making the Organisation customer focused.
Becoming the face of the Hotel, lead the team by example. Having a fastidious attention to operational detail and spending some hands-on time.
To have a fastidious attention to operational detail. Monitor and oversee operations, inspecting rather than expecting. Networking and meeting guests and potential guests, both within the Hotel and at local events.
To build and engage an effective team capable of delivering appropriate customer and commercial standards. Selecting, coaching and mentoring the team to develop them.
• Giving purpose and direction: Creating and communicating a vision for the future.
• Making a personal impact: Leading by example.
• Thinking Strategically: Harnessing ideas and opportunities to achieve goals.
• Getting the best from people: Motivating and engaging people to achieve high performance.
• Learning and improving: Drawing on experience and new ideas to improve results.
• Focus on delivery: Achieving value for money and results.
Front Desk Manager
Accounts Manager (also reports to the Directors directly)
Business Development Manager.
Based on 48 hours a week. Sharing shifts over Christmas and the New Year. Being present in the Hotel during significant events. Working weekends and evenings as required.
Experience & Qualifications required
At least 3 years experience at 3 star or above in an independent or boutique hotel chain.
Knowledge and experience of both F & B and Rooms management.
Higher level qualifications preferred.
Good command of written and spoken English language
A good practical knowledge of…
Modern Revenue Management techniques.
Other comparative venues.
Conflict and complaint handling.
Job Type: Permanent
• at 4* or above as a General Manager in an independent or boutique hotel chain: 3 years
PhotoCV2 — firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications invited world-wide
Telephone UK – 01872 274227.