Senior Client Accountant, Governance Services, Offshore.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Our law firm client is looking for a Senior Client Accountant to join an award-winning and growing Governance Services team located offshore.
If you’re an experienced bookkeeper with good technical accounting knowledge, a recently qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) or studying toward a relevant qualification, we’d really like to hear from you.
In this role, you’ll work closely with members of the Client Accounting team on the provision of accounting services to a range of client entities of Governance Services (Jersey, Guernsey and Cayman).
You’ll focus on bookkeeping and the maintenance of accounting records to enable delivery of accurate accounts and periodic reports for a varied portfolio of clients (including, but not limited to, unit trusts, companies, partnerships and foundations).
In return, our law firm client can offer you focused mentoring and professional development support to ensure you continue to grow and achieve your full potential.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Maintain accurate and up to date accounting records in the client entity database (Viewpoint)
• Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements;
• Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports and net asset valuations;
• Ensure that you have a detailed understanding of the transactions you are dealing with and liaise with your line manager as required;
• Work with colleagues to ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed;
• Collaborate with client administration and other colleagues providing explanations, advice and accounting support as and when required;
• Ensure consistency of accounting service levels across all clients and deal swiftly with any identified issues;
• Be familiar with and act always in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures;
• Show an awareness of the integration of Corporate Services across jurisdictions and with the law firm, operating in a unified, consistent and co-ordinated manner.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Previous experience of accounting systems, particularly Viewpoint would be an advantage
• Good working knowledge of Excel
• Strong excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A positive and flexible approach
• An aptitude for data analysis/problem solving
• Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, time and people in order to meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Pro-active and service orientated approach
• Discretion and demonstrates good judgement
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Jonny Scott-Slater, Karen Palmer or Ashley Armstrong
01872 274227 – 07724760904
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is always assured
Iuris Praestantia Recruiting.