Sussex, close to Brighton
No monthly targets
Office shuts at 6 pm
No billable time targets
Relaxed and positive culture.
Pay above Sussex law firm market rate salaries.
High quality work and interesting very entrepreneurial clients
Lots of firm social events including 1) Regular lunches at Sussex pubs, 2) Christmas lunch and drinks in Shoreditch (taking afternoon off), 3) Corporate away day in new Forest at 5-star hotel in January (taking day off for everyone).
Opportunity to future proof career by getting in early and joining one of the fastest growing, if not the fastest growing law firm, in the UK – turnover has gone up six-fold in the last 2 years and scope for much more.
On track to be a £1 million a year turnover firm next year and a £500 million a year turnover firm 10 years from now if we continue to increase turnover six-fold every two years.
We are seeking to find some of the the following experience:
• Drafting and negotiating share/asset purchase agreements including front end clauses (e.g. restrictive covenants,
indemnities, seller limitations and consideration adjustments) as well as drafting back end schedules which have
included complex deferred consideration mechanisms.
• Leading the disclosure exercise and drafting of the disclosure letter. Negotiating general and specific disclosures
and mark up of warranty schedule in share/asset purchase agreements.
• Pre-completion reorganisation work including share option exercises and share allotments.
• Drafting of ancillary corporate documentation including board minutes, articles of association, POA’s Companies House
forms, and share transfer paperwork (e.g. pre-emption waivers and STFs)
• Manging completion funds including the set up and operation of retention/escrow accounts.
• Post completion filings, Stamp Duty tax payments and legal advice letters to HMRC.
• Buyer due diligence – leading the DD exercise and co-ordinating internal legal teams (e.g. commercial, employment and
property). Production of red flag and full risk due diligence reports.
• Seller due diligence – preparing full DD responses and responding to buyer further enquires. Set up and management of
online data room.
• Fundraising work for UK public listed companies and assisting with the drafting of placing agreements and advising on
• Managing investment rounds for UK private companies.
• Restructuring of corporate groups and distribution of assets through dividends payments, share transfers and capital
• Strong experience with shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, investment agreements, share allotments,
share buy-backs and share option agreements.
• Experience with Enterprise Management Incentive schemes.
• Mergers and Acquisitions.
Please reply to:
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – email@example.com
(Lifestyle career opportunities)
Iuris Praestantia Recruiting
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.