The Fund Administrator is an important position within International Fund Managers reporting to the Fund Administration Manager. The post holder will be required to liaise with clients, banks, investment advisors, service providers and the fund directors as well as other internal staff.
The Fund Administrator will be primarily involved in the day to day operation and servicing of a portfolio of closed ended investment Funds administered by the Company, investing in private equity, infrastructure and other alternative Funds.
• To liaise with the investment advisor, fund directors, accountants, bankers and other related entities as required in order to administer the funds and to ensure the smooth day to day operation of the funds
• To deal with all in-coming fund queries in an effective and timely manner as well as other general administration tasks as necessary
• To calculate and pay all fees and expenses on behalf of the funds and to arrange approval and payment of all fund invoices received
• To ensure that the funds’ cash is held in accordance with the scheme particulars and to arrange the transfer of funds for investment purchases and distributions within the required deadlines
• To arrange foreign exchange deals as required
• To review the cash position, ensuring that funds are available to cover all payments due out of the account and investing surplus cash accordingly to maximise the client’s investment income
• To reconcile bank accounts in accordance with the Company’s agreed procedures and follow up any outstanding reconciling items
•To ensure that the funds operate within their Investment Guidelines and meet their on-going statutory and regulatory requirements
• To monitor that the funds are run in accordance with the scheme particulars
• To maintain investor data and registers to a high standard of accuracy
• To assist with the arrangement and co-ordination of Board meetings as required, including assisting with the production of agendas, board packs and assisting with Directors’ arrangements
• To ensure that the bookkeeping and accounting arising from all transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner – the relationship with the accounting team must be interactive and the bookkeeping in line with the templates and structure set out for each client entity
• And any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role
We are seeking to find:
• Several years fund administration experience. Exposure to private equity would be ideal but is not necessary
• Communicative and personable
• A strong academic background and a willingness to undertake further study/training as appropriate
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping requirements
• The ability to work on own initiative and to be part of a team
• The ability and confidence to interact with colleagues at all levels in the Company
• Solid IT skills, particularly Excel. A working knowledge of pivot tables and macros would be preferabable.
Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – email@example.com
linkedIn.com (Please link with me)
(Lifestyle career opportunities).
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.