Senior Bridges Engineer
Location covering – Cornwall, Devon, Wiltshire, London
Our client is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. They offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
We are looking for talented Engineers that excel in building relationships and delighting clients with outstanding work and innovative construction and design ideas. 90% of our client’s business is repeat business, which is an excellent performance ratio and one that our client is extremely proud of.
Our client is creating an enviable reputation in Highways Consultancy as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with the Highways agency, Contractors and Local Authorities. And our client’s plans to add to this prime business portfolio continue.
Working as a Senior Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of bridge-related structural scheme designs at feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stages, both for new build and modification to existing structures.
• Providing technical direction and mentoring to graduate engineers and/or technicians. Preparation of outline drawings and detailed sketches of engineering solutions.
• Interfacing with other Jacobs engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, highways and environmental engineers. You will be responsible for resolving technical and construction-related issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility.
• Preparation of technical approval documentation, contract documents and fee estimates. Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Inspections and preparation of inspection reports (including occasional out-of-hours working).
• Regular reporting of programme/budget performance to line management.
Training and Experience:
• A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in Bridges/Highway sector.
• Detailed knowledge of current codes and standards, including BS5400, Eurocodes, DMRB and SHW.
• Extensive experience of design analysis and assessment of structures using Archie, MEXE, SuperSTRESS etc.
• Experience of liaising and negotiating with client representatives and senior staff.
• Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
• Capability to manage tasks and costs; and deliver programmed work.
• Good IT skills.
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of ECI or design and build projects.
• Experience of rail bridge design.
• Experience of construction supervision. .
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
• Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector.
• Proficient with use of AutoCAD.Benefits
Our client has an extensive range of corporate benefits which includes: Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in a flexible benefits programme which offers up to 32 days holiday per annum and private health care.
To apply for this specialist engineering career opportunity please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater, Ashley Armstrong or Karen Palmer:
Telephone – 01872 274227 – 0044 1872 274227
CV2 – email@example.com
US – 001 954 378 9414
Confidentiality is assured at all times.