• Manager of Conveyancing – Residential and Commercial
• Cornwall Devon;
• 5 PQE+;
• Could be a career advancement opportunity;
• Outside of county applications welcomed;
• Property Lawyer, ILEX/FILEX or QBE;
• Quality track record.
We currently have a job vacancy for a Manager / Property Conveyancer – £40-60K OTE (Devon or Cornwall based, Lawyer, F/ILEX or QBE).
Our client an expanding law firm are seeking to appoint a new Manager of Property Conveyancing. You will be managing a team involved in processing property conveyancing work that originates from both counties of Cornwall and Devon.
Marketing, Business Origination and Business Generation skills are key requirements for this role, as well as the ability to conveyance for commercial and private property clients. Experience of both commercial and residential work is required, but not a deal breaker.
We have been retained to locate a Property Lawyer: – Solicitor, F/ILEX Diploma Conveyancer or a Professional Conveyancer who is part-qualified or time served.
This is a Manager of Conveyancing position that could progress to a future Partner appointment.
Work experience to include:
• Taking instructions from clients;
• Managing, training and motivating a small conveyancing team;
• Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements to clients;
• Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered)
• Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the lawyer acting for the other party;
• Collating and sending or checking supporting documents;
• Exchanging contracts and completing the transaction;
• Dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction
• If the property is leasehold, obtaining the landlord’s agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and dealing with apportionments of rent and service charges;
• Marketing and selling the business to new and existing clients;
• Joining groups, parties and associations that will lead to new business generation opportunities;
• Extensive and in-depth networking that could lead to new business opportunities;
• Specific tasks for purchase transactions include:
• Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs;
• Receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required;
• Preparing transfer and mortgage deeds;
• Receiving mortgage funds;
• Paying Stamp Duty and Land Tax and dealing with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry ;
• Researching information, communicating with clients and others in person and on the telephone, by letter or by email, completing forms and drafting documents;
• Protection of clients’ interests at all times, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering;
• Use and management of a computerised case management system.
To apply for this position talk to : Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong;
Sent CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone – 01872 274227
Confidentiality is assured at all times.