Job Description Job title: Senior Associate Department: Dispute Resolution
Our law firm client is currently seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Senior Associate within their award winning Dispute Resolution team.
Working as a senior fee earner as part of a Partner led team, the successful candidate will provide technically advanced legal advice on a range of issues, whilst developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients and intermediaries alike.
• Be able to provide, sound, quality technical advice and guidance to clients
• Be able manage files with minimal Partner input
• Be established and recognised by others in an area of expertise
• Ensure you and your team members record and bill their time in accordance with policies and procedures
• Ensure clients are fully informed as to the fees and disbursements that will incurred on each matter and
• Provide updates as required
• Be a significant point of contact in your area of expertise for a number of clients
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to generate repeat business from existing clients
• Be accountable for the coaching and development of paralegals, trainees and new joiners and assist
• Other team members as and when required
• Act as mentor for Trainees and Associates Competencies
• A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience in Law
• Excellent academic background, including 2:1 at degree, plus Commendation/Distinction at LPC (or equivalent)
• Experience from a relevant law firm environment, ideally within a Magic/Silver Circle firm (or equivalent) demonstrating good, consistent performance over the last two financial years
• Excellent drafting and written communication skills
• Develop the highest standards of professional knowledge and ability
• Proactively contribute to the development of know-how, including precedents, practice notes and publications
• Be proactive in ensuring all matters are billed monthly or where bespoke billing arrangements have been agreed within a reasonable timeframe
• Be proactive in ensuring fees are collected within 60 days of a bill being issued
• Demonstrate an ability to establish, build and maintain relationships with external contacts
• Prepare for and attend business development meetings to achieve a positive outcome
• Prepare and present training seminars internally and externally as required
• Adopt a positive approach to change
• Promote team work and strong relationships with immediate team members.
Joey Polperro or Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – email@example.com
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.