Job Description Job title: Associate / Senior Associate
Department: Insurance & Private Wealth
Our client’s law office offers tailor made legal advice to investment funds, private equity and financial institutions on cross-border transactions. Our client advises private clients, institutional clients and non-domestic law firms on all aspects of insurance and wealth structuring solutions.
Our law firm client’s teams across Europe, Asia and the Caribbean, they specialise in international and cross-border matters, including passporting activities, GDPR, PRIIPS, IDD and BEPS. Our law firm client possess decades of experience in private wealth matters.
Purpose of the role:
Our law firm client is currently looking for an associate or a senior associate for their Insurance and Private Wealth department with an international mind-set, strong commitment and creativity. You would join our law firm client’s leading law firm with a global network of offices in 9 jurisdictions.
Key responsibilities and challenges:
• Advising clients on all matters relating to Insurance and Private Wealth cases;
• Being involved in a wide variety of Insurance and Private Wealth operations such as insurance regulatory issues, international wealth structuring for HNWI, investment vehicles, international private law, taxation;
• Advising on insurance distribution, products, international wealth insurance as well as estate planning;
• Coordinating multi-jurisdictional advice as to assist institutions and private individuals with their cross-border operations and wealth planning issues;
• Reviewing and drafting services agreements, powers of attorney, pledge agreements and insurance contracts;
• Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships. Establish credibility, influence where appropriate and provide excellent client service.
• Providing more generally ongoing support to senior lawyers/partners in advising domestic and international clients on diversified legal matters in the domain of regulatory principles, taxation & private investment tools. Competencies
• You have completed a postgraduate law degree, ideally complemented with an additional degree gained abroad (LL.M or Business School degree);
• You have gained a meaningful experience in Civil Law, Corporate Law, International Private Law, International Taxation, Insurance Law & Private Wealth;
• You have 4 to 6 years’ post qualification experience ideally in a top tier law firm with international exposure;
• You are admitted to the Bar in Luxembourg or another EU jurisdiction, or have attended or are eligible to attend the CCDL;
• You are a team player and would like to be professionally active in an international environment, with the ability to work effectively in a team and sometimes under pressure;
• You are autonomous, dynamic, flexible, proactive, service-oriented and have excellent communication skills; and
• You have a perfect command of both written and spoken in French and English. Any other language would be an asset. What we offer
• A practical experience including direct contact with experienced lawyers and partners, creating opportunities for personal progression;
• A young and dynamic and multicultural working environment;
• The possibility to develop a deep expertise and gain substantial exposure to various practice areas;• Autonomous file management under the supervision of a senior lawyer or partner; and
• A training programme to develop your legal, business and soft skills in close collaboration with our head office;
• A career progression and attractive benefits.
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – email@example.com
linkedIn.com (Please link with me)
(Lifestyle career opportunities)
Territories: Central London, Cornwall, Devon, Wales, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong, Singapore, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Luxembourg & Dubai.
2 CV’s to me please in Microsoft Word. One with all contacts the other with zero contacts displayed.