Large Client Entity
CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW or CIPFA.
Our client a large Cornish establishment are seeking to appoint a capable Management Accountant.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Telephone – 01872 274227 for further assistance.
A job specification for the role is outlined below:
• Contributing towards the effective leadership of our client’s firm, maintaining focus on its purpose and vision through rigorous analysis and challenge.
• Participating in the development of strategies to meet our client’s objectives.
• Contributing to the effective corporate management of our client, including strategy implementation, cross-organisational issues, integrated business and resource planning, risk-management and performance management.
• Supporting the effective governance of our client through development of : Corporate governance arrangements, risk management and reporting framework, corporate decision making arrangements and a stable control environment that complement service delivery arrangements.
• Assisting or promoting change programmes within the institution.
• Assisting the development of a medium term financial strategy and the annual budgeting process to ensure financial stability and a monitoring process to ensure its delivery.
• Ensuring that medium and long term financial implications are taken into account as objectives and strategies are developed.
• Ensuring that institutional aims and the resources required to achieve them are reconciled with each other.
• Ensuring there are consistent and rigorous processes for constructing and monitoring the revenue, capital and cash-flow budgets and that they support the institution’s strategic aims.
• Ensuring the medium term financial strategy reflects joint planning with partners and other stakeholders.
• Payroll and pensions – ensuring staff get paid.
• Accounts – paying for goods and services, collecting income.
• Financial systems – the Information Technology (IT) systems that track all financial activity.
• Management information – gathering and interpreting the financial data required to make day-to-day and strategic management decisions.
• Reporting – preparing annual financial reports and co-ordinating with the Inland Revenue, VAT collection and other authorities.
• Financial audit – checking expenditure and income.
• Preparing accounts and budget information.
• Developing and managing financial systems.
• Advising on, developing and managing financial policies.
• Preparing reports, business plans, commentaries and financial statements.
• Controlling income and expenditure.
• Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients.
• Undertaking financial administration.
• Auditing accounts.
Relocation advice and some assistance will be available to candidates wishing to relocate to Cornwall.