Senior Private Client Lawyer
Senior Associate, Consultant, Associate Partner or Partner;
Local or Relocator;
Salary 40-120K +++;
% deal regarding fee income, a possibility.
Our client, a known West Country law firm with an excellent reputation are seeking to appoint a senior member for the private client team. We are looking for a seasoned all-rounder with the ability to perform the private client tasks below.
Whilst it is fair to say that heavy trust work is conducted by an external consultant. Our client would welcome a new fee earner with complex trusts experience and the ability to create from inception.
We welcome all applications nation-wide.
An ideal opportunity for a relocator, no matter what position you currently hold.
Experience in the following categories will be sought. Expect to be thoroughly interviewed in all of the technical areas listed below.
Senior candidates may be expected to undertake an evaluation test which is both communication and pen to paper driven.
External client references will be sought before appointment.
An executive search is currently under management.
- Management, administration and distribution of estates;
- Probate and letters of administration for large and small estates including all aspects from initial interview with client;
- Preparation and drafting of all required documentation;
- Valuation of assets;
- Preparation of Inheritance tax forms; obtaining the grant and dealing with the closure and the final tax issues;
- Distribution accounts;
- Wills including will trusts and estate planning relating to inheritance tax or care home fees;
- Preparation and drafting of wills and complex matters to do with wills;
- Inheritance tax planning drafting;
- Inheritance tax planning accounting and mitigation;
- Deeds of variation;
- Declarations of trust;
- Lifetime and post death tax planning;
- Creation and administration of trusts;
- Registering enduring powers of attorney;
- Drafting and enduring powers of attorney;
- Court of Protection receivership matters;
- Complex Court of protection work, administration and application;
- Preparation of HMRC inheritance tax accounts IHT200 and IHT205;
- Applying for grants of probate and letters of administration including drafting relevant and appropriate oaths and affidavits;
- Correspondence, preparation of estate accounts, file costing and drafting bills;
- Lasting powers of attorney;
- Registering EPAs and LPAs, preparing IHT205 and IHT400 forms;
- Drafting oaths for probate/administration;
- More complex matters of Elderly Client Law;
- Lasting powers and all applications for Deputyship;
- Preparing and administering powers of attorney;
- Making receivership applications to the court of protection and representing clients at inquests;
- Power of attorney including advice to clients and assessment of mental capacity;
- Preservation of elderly clients assets;
- Long term care issues and funding ;
- Long term care issues using securitisation and funding techniques;
- Out of Office visits to clients homes, hospitals and care homes,
- Trust work and all administration and accounting;
- Obtaining grants of probate/letters of administration;
- Calculating and paying inheritance tax;
- Drafting deeds of variation and deeds of appointment (often in cases of nil rate band discretionary trusts);
- Liaising with the relevant financial institutions to obtain the required administration information;
- Administering estates, preparing estate accounts, drafting R27 and R185 forms
- Discretionary trusts,;
- Trust deeds administration;
- Knowledge of Leasehold and freehold domestic/commercial conveyancing;
- HNI conveyancing
- Sale of probate properties;
- Transfers of Equity and Equity Releases;
- Commercial business Issues.
To apply for this position please telephone 01872 274227;
Send your CV to email@example.com
Contact hours are 10am-10pm.
Ask for either Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong.
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.