Cornwall Devon SWUK;
40/80K + Bonus;
Commercial & Residential work;
Contentious and Non-Contentious work;
Property Developer client specialist;
Client Following = Partner Designate;
Executive Search starts November 2013
As the leading legal recruitment search business that is based both the SWUK & Miami USA. Our firm has been retained to find a specialist property lawyer, that has comprehensive all-round thorough real estate experience.
We currently recruit lawyers for international law firms based in the USA, UAE, Europe and Asia Pacific, world-wide regions.
Our client a well-established and soundly expanding law firm, that has a reputation as one of the leading property transaction experts in the SWUK.
Our client is currently looking to enlarge the commercial team by appointing an expert property lawyer, that has litigation, financing and development experience.
The position will involve both contentious and non-contentious work as follows.
- Freehold, leasehold sales and purchases of retail, leisure, hotel, industrial and office property.
- Hotel and leisure business sales and purchases (sale and purchase agreement).
- Drafting of commercial/green leases on commercial property incorporating the standard commercial property conditions.
- Assignment and sub-lettings of commercial property.
- Raising and replying to standard CPSE 1-4.
- Drafting of sale contract in relation to the sale of land and property.
- Licencing issues – premises and personal licence and TUPE.
- Carrying out both standard and non-standard bespoke searches.
- Investigation of title and ensuring that the property complies with current health and safety legislation – gas and electrical certificates and EPC etc.
- Exchange of contracts.
- Requisitions on title and completion.
- Arranging of Indemnity insurance against a restrictive covenant etc
- Land registry and SDLT formalities.
- Serving section 8 and section 21 notices on residential tenants;
- Possession order claims.
- Claims for outstanding monies due from rent arrears/damage caused to property etc.
- Application for warrant of execution.
- Section 146 notices with regards to breach of covenant in commercial leases.
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 disputes – Landlords grounds for refusal of new lease.
- Dispute arising over assignment and sub-letting of commercial property.
- Forfeiture and remedies available on commercial property.
- Boundary disputes and claims.
- Termination and renewal of business tenancies – serving section 25 and section 26 notices and extension of time notices to the court.
- Drafting claim form and particulars of claim to the court.
- Drafting of Tomlin orders etc
- Will be doing the ADR accreditation certificate in mediation (commercial route) for Mediation work throughout the South West.
- Freehold and Leasehold sales and purchases’ of Country houses, cottages and city center flats.
- Rule 2 letters and complying with money laundering checks.
- Dealing with Sellers Property Information form and Fixtures and Fittings form.
- Obtaining office copies of title, raising and replying to purchaser inquiries, carrying out local, environmental and highway searches etc
- Dealing with unregistered land – epitome of title
- Dealing with Management company enquiries on leasehold property.
- Drafting of Sale contract.
- Managing other key staff.
- Exchange of contracts through the Law Society approved methods.
- Requisitions on title and drafting completion statement.
- Completion and Post completion formalities – Redemption of mortgage through DS1/END, SDLT on-line formalities, lodging TR1/FR1 at Land Registry and replying to Land registry requisitions.
To apply for this position please contact: Ashley Armstrong LLB, Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer;
Telephone – 01872 274227;
Mail CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is always assured;
Secreto semper Certus.