Cornwall Devon SWUK
40/80K + Bonus
Commercial & Residential work
Contentious and Non-Contentious work
Property Developer client specialist
Client Following = Partner Designate
Executive Search starts November 2013
As the leading legal recruitment search business that is based in the SWUK; we have been retained to find the above sort of specialist lawyer.
We currently recruit lawyers for international law firms based in the USA, UAE, Europe and Asia Pacific, world-wide regions.
Our client a well-established and now expanding law firm that has a reputation as one of the leading property transaction experts in the SWUK are looking to appoint an all-round property lawyer.
The position will involve both contentious and non-contentious work which is as as follows.
- Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases of retail, leisure, hotel, industrial and office property.
- Hotel and leisure business sales and purchases (sale and purchase agreement).
- Drafting of commercial/green leases on commercial property incorporating the standard commercial property conditions.
- Assignment and sub-lettings of commercial property.
- Raising and replying to standard CPSE 1-4.
- Drafting of sale contract in relation to the sale of land and property.
- Licencing issues – premises and personal licence and TUPE.
- Carrying out both standard and non-standard bespoke searches.
- Investigation of title and ensuring that the property complies with current health and safety legislation – gas and electrical certificates and EPC etc.
- Exchange of contracts.
- Requisitions on title and completion.
- Arranging of Indemnity insurance against a restrictive covenant etc
- Land registry and SDLT formalities.
- Serving section 8 and section 21 notices on residential tenants
- Possession order claims.
- Claims for outstanding monies due from rent arrears/damage caused to property etc.
- Application for warrant of execution.
- Section 146 notices with regards to breach of covenant in commercial leases.
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 disputes – Landlords grounds for refusal of new lease.
- Dispute arising over assignment and sub-letting of commercial property.
- Forfeiture and remedies available on commercial property.
- Boundary disputes and claims.
- Termination and renewal of business tenancies – serving section 25 and section 26 notices and extension of time notices to the court.
- Drafting claim form and particulars of claim to the court.
- Drafting of Tomlin orders etc
- Will be doing the ADR accreditation certificate in mediation (commercial route) for Mediation work throughout the South West.
- Freehold and Leasehold sales and purchases’ of Country houses, cottages and city center flats.
- Rule 2 letters and complying with money laundering checks.
- Dealing with Sellers Property Information form and Fixtures and Fittings form.
- Obtaining office copies of title, raising and replying to purchaser inquiries, carrying out local, environmental and highway searches etc
- Dealing with unregistered land – epitome of title
- Dealing with Management company enquiries on leasehold property.
- Drafting of Sale contract.
- Managing other key staff.
- Exchange of contracts through the Law Society approved methods.
- Requisitions on title and drafting completion statement.
- Completion and Post completion formalities – Redemption of mortgage through DS1/END, SDLT on-line formalities, lodging TR1/FR1 at Land Registry and replying to Land registry requisitions.
To apply for this position please contact: Ashley Armstrong LLB, Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer
Telephone – 01872 274227
Mail CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality is always assured
Secreto semper Certus.
40-80K + Bonus