Location : Plymouth
Our client is a prestigious leading firm of Chartered Accountants, with offices throughout the South West and other parts of the UK.
You will be part of a small Sales Support and Financial Planning Admin Team providing para-planning support to Consultants, to ensure compliance with relevant procedures, and the provision of on-going BFIFA advice to clients.
Under the guidance of consultants and Directors:
• Create suitability letters and technical reports for consultants, from a brief and/or client file information.
• Carry out research of products and funds as appropriate.
• Review and comment on the suitability of existing pension, investment and protection arrangements, including SSAS/EPP.
• Handle client correspondence of a technical nature on behalf of consultants (which may include provision of specific information to clients).
• Ensure that consultants are kept up to date/notified re any difficulties or non-standard matters, as appropriate.
• Work with the Admin team to ensure timely & accurate implementation of business written.
• Act as technical interface between consultant, admin team and client.
• Assist Sales Support Supervisor and Admin team with day-to-day office administration as required.
• Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Previous work in a financial field is essential. The suitable candidate will need to have a good knowledge of financial services and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Ideally with good working knowledge of Avelo’s Adviser Office system, major platform providers e-commerce sites and research tools such as Financial Express and Exchange.
• Studying towards the Certificate in Financial Planning, Certificate in Paraplanning or Diploma would be an advantage but is not essential as training will be provided.
• Good Educational Background. Minimum GCSE Maths and English A-C.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• The ability to search and use financial databases;
• Excellent verbal and written communication;
• Attention to detail;
• The ability to produce reports;
• The ability to work independently of as part of a team;
• Excellent customer relations;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• The ability to plan and manage workloads.
• Competitive salary depending on experience;
• Annual salary review;
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays;
• Hours 36.25 per week;
• Life Assurance, (3 x Salary);
• Personal Pension – Employer 3% Employee min 2%;
• Critical illness scheme;
• Fully paid health scheme after probationary period via Simplyhealth;
• Contributory AXA PPP Scheme;
• On-going Performance appraisal scheme resulting in your own Performance Development Review ;
• Our client is an Investors In People Employer.
To apply for this position please speak to: Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong;
Telephone – 01872 274227
CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.