Sales Manager — Business Development Professional
SWUK and Nationwide Territory
40/60K OTE Package
Devon Cornwall location.
Our client a prolific local SWUK based house of business is to be best described as an established and successful Commercial Business Utility Broker with an outstanding reputation for excellence in customer service.
We are looking to locate for our client a motivated and dynamic sales professional who will be a key face to represent their business at both nationwide and local level. Our candidate must be polite, presentable and articulate, with a friendly and engaging personality.
The Sales Manager’s role will be to sell specialist commercial business utility products to other businesses throughout the UK and Channel Islands. Our client’s customer portfolio ranges from SME to large high street PLC’s. The applicant must be experienced in selling to a diverse range of client companies.
• Maintaining and increasing sales from our existing products.
• Establishing, maintaining and expanding our customer base by sourcing own leads, cold calling, setting own appointments and travel arrangements.
• Plan persuasive approaches and pitches to convert new business.
• Price and quote orders right through to closing the sale.
• Maintain and improve our market position in the industry.
• Set and reach sales targets and goals.
• Present new solutions and services to customers.
• Visit trade shows and network.
• Develop sales strategies and budgets.
• Weight forecasted sales.
Required personal skills and experience:
• Proactive, motivated with good admin skills.
• Quick to learn new software packages, IT literate with a good understanding of excel for reporting.
• Strategic team player with a genuine passion for selling.
• Ability to develop new business but also have refined account management skills.
• Ability to communicate with decision makers of all levels from a warehouse person up to senior management level.
• Create relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Initiative to provide solutions.
• Product and industry knowledge not vital.
• Face to face selling experience.
• Business to business selling experience essential.
• Naturally a sociable person who genuinely enjoys networking and helping customers resolve issues, save money and run their operations more smoothly.
About Our Client:
• Established in 1981, our client supplies business and commercial utilities to corporate and public sector clients. Our client is one of the largest suppliers of integrated business utilities to multichannel retailers including e-commerce, eBay traders and third party fulfilment houses in the UK and Channel Islands.
• Our client professionally establishes and maintains strong loyal business relationships with their customers.
• Our client is known in the marketplace as suppliers of top quality, reliable products sold at competitive prices.
• Our client is held in high regard in the market place for offering a professional, expert, friendly and helpful service with good product knowledge.
• Our client communicates openly with all the staff and try to involve everyone to work together as a team. Every staff member is an important asset.
• Our client encourages staff to continually better themselves through training and in house visits to keep up to date with current products.
• Internet allowance;
• Life insurance;
• Private medical healthcare.
• Hours of work 37.5 hrs/week, 8.45am – 5.15pm. Will be required to work extra hours when necessary.
• Mainly office based, will be required to field sell in the UK.
• Starting salary plus % of new business sales depending on experience and proven sales results.
• 21 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 after 5 years continuous service
• Clean driving license.
To Apply For This Career Position:
• Please apply for this career opportunity by telephoning : – 01872 274227;
• Speak to Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer;
• Mailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Skype meetings can be arranged;
• Confidentiality will be assured at all stages;
• Relocation assistance may be given for a particular high performing and successful candidate.