Financial Services Senior Associate;
Financial Services Associate;
Financial Services Lawyer;
Financial Services – Team move;
5 PQE ++
Banking and Financial Services;
Career prospects ++
Remuneration package, Top draw and more.
UK Nationwide and SWUK
We are seeking to locate Financial Services lawyers with precise expertise and experience with work advising and acting for financial industry clients.
One of our clients is seeking a financial services lawyer with five years plus to fit into a dynamic and expanding financial services legal team. This career opportunity will involve management duties/managing other fee earners and assisting when required in new and existing client business development.
Our other law firm client is looking to appoint a small team of financial services lawyers, in order to set up a new department. An excellent remuneration package is on offer with will include a bonus geared to profits.
Both law firm clients currently represent banks, an array of other financial services companies, including trust companies, securities firms, insurance companies, credit card companies, mortgage bankers, and consumer and commercial finance companies and their holding companies and affiliates, as well as financial institution investors.
You understand that financial services companies are complex and that their businesses necessitate a full complement of legal services. Our law firm clients advise their financial institutions clients in all aspects of business transactions and sales/marketing.
We are looking for specialist financial services lawyers that have work experience in the following categories of finance.
• Mergers and acquisitions.
• Advising on regulatory initiatives and legislation.
• Product development and compliance.
• Private label and co-branded credit, debit, and stored-value card programs.
• Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC counselling.
• Capital-related issues.
• Derivatives and innovative financial products.
• Privacy law compliance.
• Regulatory enforcement defence and internal investigation.
• Capital market activities.
• Asset management.
• Advise Banks.
• Insurance Providers.
• Collective Investors.
• Fund managers.
• Hedge fund Traders.
• Advise on distribution and selling of financial products.
• PRA & FCA regulations.
• Consumer credit.
• Legal and compliance issues.
• Wholesale financial products.
• Capital adequacy and derivatives.
• Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
• Consumer Credit Act regarding E-Money transactions.
• Payment Services Regulations regarding E-Money transactions.
• Investment management agreements.
• Custody arrangements.
• Representation of US financial institutions in their worldwide operations and activities.
• Counsel non-US financial institutions on UK regulatory matters relating to their operations and activities, including establishing US offices and subsidiaries.
• Advise on all facets of payment systems, credit cards, and stored-value cards.
• Offer distinctive and extensive expertise in financial services-related privacy law.
• Fund formation and operations
• Internal operating agreements and profit sharing arrangements.
• Anchor investor capital negotiations.
• Alternative fee structures.
• Trade structuring, including international tax advice.
• Spinouts and mergers.
• Counterparty risk management and negotiation of counterparty documentation.
• Response to regulatory inquiries and investigations.
• Advisers Act regulatory implications and registration.
• Commodities Futures Trading Commission and National Futures Association registration, regulation and compliance issues.
Complex Investment Strategies:
• Hybrid hedge funds/private equity funds, including seeding and accelerator vehicles.
• Currency overlay and other currency management and hedging programs.
• Tail risk funds and strategies.
• Advice to systems trading platforms, including IP issues.
• Advice to commodity pool operators and commodity trading advisers on product design, fund formation, marketing, negotiations and documentation.
Whether you are the financial services lawyer looking for the step into management, or the lawyer manager, partner, senior associate wanting to structure a team move, call us for an initial consultation.
To apply for one of the following career opportunities please contact: Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong LLM
Telephone: 01872 274227
CV2 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality will be assured at all times.