Manager Corporate Governance 90K
The Manager, Corporate Governance will be responsible for leading the company secretarial team providing company secretarial services, board support, shareholder support and other corporate governance related duties to a range of clients including hedge funds and private equity funds.
• Develop and implement objectives for the company secretarial team, including the development of a three-year business plan for the department.
• Manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of the company secretarial team to include implementing and documenting policies and procedures.
• Provide full board support to client entities including creation of agendas, collation and distribution of board packs and liaising with relevant service providers, management of board meetings including acting as Company Secretary, taking minutes and producing detailed board minutes, distribution of board minutes, arranging for signature and carrying out any post-meeting actions as required.
• Provide ad hoc support to directors and client entities as required.
• Act as primary relationship manager for large institutional groups dealing with correspondence and administrative matters from attorneys, clients and external service providers.
• Act as Company Secretary for all legal entities relating to Walkers Professional Services.
• Assist with file reviews of client entities.
• Conduct due diligence in respect of new directors and shareholders in liaison with the Corporate and Compliance Departments.
• Interpreting board and shareholder resolutions and agreements, originating responses, and working with the Corporate team to ensure that filings with regulatory authorities are made and corporate records are updated as appropriate and providing registers and certificates as required.
• Working closely with the Director, Corporate Services to enhance Walkers Corporate Limited’s client facing platforms.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Legal or Business Administration degree.
• Minimum of five years’ post qualifying experience in industry and/or professional practice.
• Proven experience in managing a high performing company secretarial team.
• Prior business development and marketing experience preferably in relation to investment funds.
• Prior relationship management experience and exposure to corporate governance issues within the financial services sector.
• Extensive experience in the provision of board and shareholder support services to investment funds.
• Prior experience in assisting with the development and implementation of client facing systems including performing User Acceptance Testing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Outlook and company secretarial software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Jonny Scott-Slater or Karen Palmer
01872 274227 – 07724760904