Job: New House Defective Construction Contentious Litigation
|Title||New House Defective Construction Contentious Litigation|
Litigation (Housing) NQ Solicitor – Defective Construction.
Our law firm client is currently recruiting a Litigation (Housing) NQ Solicitor to support
This is a niche area of housing litigation which our client is becoming well known for, in
You would be joining a team that is growing and a firm that has an inclusive and supportive
The role will involve representing clients who have purchased a new build property who have
constructional defects and are experiencing problems getting them resolved. Often the owner
is left with serious problems where they on occasions have to move out from their new home
that they have just purchased. The role finds a legal resolution to serious problems at a
challenging and emotional time for clients.
1. You will be employed principally in the area of Housing Litigation on a mixed caseload
2. You will represent the clients often against major construction firms on cases that are
3. Dealing with experts to assess the defects and the cost of repair. Reviewing and analyzing
4. You will develop a knowledge of building and constructional issues and the law relating to
5. You will be working as part of a team with a Partner, paralegal and support staff as
6. Part of the role will be involved with business development and supporting marketing
7. We may require you, because of the developing nature of a solicitor’s business to
Requirements of the role:
NQ qualified or nearing NQ
Previous experience in a litigation role. Past experience of Construction litigation is NOT
Can be LPC and degree or Cilex qualified.
Willingness communication to grow the business through networking and social media
The ability to communicate and work with diverse clients.
The ability to provide solutions for clients and communicate this in a way that they can understand, both in writing and on the telephone.
The ability to write letters and produce documents in so far as possible in plain English as
A detailed approach to your the work, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
The ability to work towards managing complex cases.
Jonny Scott-Slater, Zenor Zenner, Karen Palmer, Joey Polperro or Ashley Armstrong