Commercial Business Lawyer – Cornwall and Devon – Lawyer, Associate or Assistant Partner.
Our client’s commercial team combine excellent business understanding with exceptional technical know-how to make certain that thier clients are protected. They provide practical commercial advice to companies, partnerships, public sector bodies and not-for-profit organisations.
Our client has specialist expertise in:
- Technology-related issues including IT provision and on-line trading issues.
- Intellectual property rights issues especially trade marks and copyright.
- Trading arrangements such as partnership agreements, agency and distribution agreements and joint ventures involving public and private organisations.
- Procurement agreements, particularly involving local authorities.
- The education sector and other public sector bodies.
- Outsourcing agreements for services ranging from IT to catering, and preparing tender documentation.
- Acting for a wide range of clients including charities, educational institutions, local authorities, companies, and private individuals.
- Dealing with a range of commercial work including outsourcing and drafting, reviewing and negotiating trading agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
- Drafting and advising on IT agreements, licences and SLA’s both for developers and purchasers.
- Advising in connection with e-trading issues and online service solutions;
- Advising on IP issues.
- Managing a large and varied caseload with a strong commercial approach.
- Attending client meetings; obtaining instructions and taking accurate attendance notes.
- Playing an active role in building the business; developing marketing initiatives and drawing on existing contacts.
- Developing strong links with other teams in the Firm to encourage the cross-referral of work.
- Organising your workload to ensure work correctly prioritised.
- Managing a large and varied workload with a strong commercial approach.
- Achieving a target of 1300 hours of chargeable work per year as well as two hours of non-chargeable activity per day (or pro rated if part-time).
Key Attributes – We seek –
- Ideally 2-8 years + post qualification experience of commercial work
- Established contacts.
- A genuine interest, knowledge and experience of working within one of our key segment areas; charities; education and/or local authorities.
- Solid knowledge and experience of IT/IP contracts.
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in the Commercial Department but with internal teams across the business.
- The desire to market your work and introduce business development initiatives where possible.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage a varied workload with the support of comprehensive accounting tools.
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of working a case management system would also be desirable.
To apply for this position please contact either – Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong –
Telephone 01872 274227 – E – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornwall Executive Recruitment Ltd – An employment agency for job vacancies, personnel services and staffing solutions – 01872 274 277.