Job Category: Environment – Highways
Job Profile: Engineer, Professional
Executive Search starts August 2014 for a period of 12 months.
Acoustics affects many aspects of our daily lives, including the comfort and performance of buildings for education, healthcare, arts, business or residential. Our client helps clients manage acoustics, noise and vibration in their buildings in the residential, commercial, transport, education and health, municipal, sports and leisure and performing arts sectors. Our client also undertakes noise and vibration impact assessment for transportation schemes such as road and rail.
Key experience that we are seeking to find:
- Modelling, prediction, investigation and design services to minimise noise and vibration.
- Assessment and appraisal of infrastructure schemes at all stages.
- Facade design to control external noise intrusion.
- Sound insulation design to achieve client’s privacy requirements.
- Architectural acoustic design to optimise acoustic comfort.
- Electro-acoustic design to enhance intelligibility of life safety communication systems.
Assist with all stages of the procurement process:
Encompassing initial concept, design delivery, planning, procurement and construction, assessment and mitigation of noise and vibration in new build and refurbishment, remedial works and expert witness.
Or client wishes to expand their acoustics team, and this appointment can be considered a key executive hire. Our applicant will be collaborating with a large professional body of talented acoustic engineers working on a wide array of projects mainly in the UK, but overseas contracts and your work may come into play.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Calculation, prediction, assessment and mitigation of noise and vibration from traffic, civil engineering construction, industrial sites and maintenance operations.
- Noise measurement surveys.
- Experience of calculation and assessment of building acoustics.
- Preparation of noise input towards environmental assessments.
- Preparation of reports.
You must have:
- Degree or similar in acoustics/vibration related field.
- Proven technical ability in terms of problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Experience in prediction of noise emissions.
- CadnaA experience preferred and environmental and/or buildings acoustics.
- Ability to manage time, resources and projects effectively.
- Associate Member or Member of the IOA (MIOA preferred).
- You should have experiencec of working in an engineering consultancy.
- Commitment to CPD.
- Willing and able to work within team environment and involve others where necessary.
- Would welcome opportunities to develop relationships with clients.
- Able to write clear and concise technical reports.
To apply for this position key executive recruiter contacts are: Ashley Armstrong, Karen Palmer or Jonny Scott-Slater.
Telephone: 01872 274227 – US: 001 954 378 9414
CV2 – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.