Our client’s Employment team are looking for an experienced lawyer to join us, dealing with the full range of employment services. This role will specifically include the review of existing client employment documentation, drafting new employment documentation and offering general professional advice and guidance to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:Your primary duties and responsibilities will be to:
• Obtain clear instructions from clients, provide legal advice and prepare relevant documentation for Partner review.
• Competent with undertaking Business Development.
• Review and provide comments on documentation provided by third parties.
• Ensure administrative tasks are completed on each matter in accordance with required internal procedures (e.g. conflict searching, issue of terms and conditions and engagement letters, due diligence, matter opening, time recording, billing, etc.).
• Organise workload and promptly advise the Partner or Senior Associates for whom you are working when you encounter problems or anticipate any delays arising as a result.
• Ensure that the Partner’s time is used efficiently by organising queries and seeking to identify own solutions to problems.
• Manage and carry out discrete tasks thoroughly and efficiently, to the required quality standard and within the time that can be recovered from the client.
• Take responsibility for own continuous professional development, meeting local CPD requirements.
• Promote and demonstrate the firm’s values at all times.
• In addition to the duties listed above, you may be required to perform any other ad hoc duties or responsibilities from time to time in context with the job and in relation to the services provided.
• Solicitor or Barrister qualification with a minimum of 6yrs PQE, preferably gained within a common law jurisdiction, with previous experience gained in the practice of Employment Law.
Jonny scott-Slater or Karen Palmer
E – firstname.lastname@example.org