Our client a Cornish Law Firm is seeking to appoint a PA Secretary
Principal duties will be:
• Copy typing;
• Creating own e-mails and e-mails on behalf of allocated fee earners;
• Electronic audio typing;
• Creation, general drafting, reviewing / amending, checking proof reading of documents which can be complex and lengthy legal documents in Word, Excel and also Powerpoint presentations;
• Document comparisons using CompareDocs;
• PDF editing using PDFDocs;
• Diary management;
• Arranging conference calls using LoopUp;
• New matter opening and matter closing;
• Organising travel arrangements;
• Answering telephone and taking messages;
• Monitoring emails when allocated fee earners are on leave;
o Elite Practice Management System;
o Preparing draft bills;
o Sending final bill to client (if required);
• Entering contacts and appointments on Peppermint;
• Preparation and submission of business expenses claims;
• Booking fee earners on conferences;
• Maintaining expense / other records on behalf of allocated fee earners;
• Lunchtime reception cover in times of Receptionist’s absence/holidays (rota with other secretaries);
• Other general office duties as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Previous experience with some or all of the above duties.
• Previous legal secretarial experience is not essential but would be beneficial.
• Excellent knowledge of desktop publishing programmes including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and PDFDOCS;
• Fast and accurate typing speed – touch typing essential;
This is a full time role working 35 hours a week.
Interested CV2 – email@example.com
Jonny Scott-Slater LLM
E – firstname.lastname@example.org